4. Dangerous Infatuation.

Pre-note: thank u to cool20142014 (yungsqui on twitter) for co-writing this chapter with me :^)

"On Monday evening, a man who chose to remain anonymous discovered a body in a dumpster in an alley between Spencer Street and Fourth Avenue. The body was that of wealthy businessman, Kyle Portman. Police rule the suspect to be none other than La Pussiance. The mafia responsible for the murders of hundreds of people over the past decades has remained silent for the past two weeks—"

Harry shuts off the television and slumps on the couch. Guilt continued to weigh heavy on him, making every moment he spent awake suffocating.

The next day was Monday. It was a gloomy morning with the fresh scent of rain seeping through his opened window. Harry wakes up to a soft patter of rain and pulls himself out of bed. He feels particularly awful today and has no choice but to call in sick. His boss seemed reluctant to let him off but wishes him a good recovery. Liam, on the other hand, almost invites himself over but Harry has to decline, saying how he doesn't want him to get sick as well.

With his mind running miles a minute and a stuffy nose restricting his breathing, Harry decides that a run will do him some good. He pulls on a pair of gray sweatpants and an Adidas jacket and a grey hat. There weren't many people out today, and the puddles of rain caused him to cut his jog shorter than he usually does but he still enjoyed the sights around him even if it was all somber.

He comes back round to his building and starts shaking off some of the water. When inside the comfort of the lobby, Harry takes off his now wet hat and is greeted by a soft voice.

"Darling, why would you run out in the rain?"

An immediate sense of warmth combs over Harry's body. "Good morning, Selene."

The old woman smiles and gestures him closer. "You sound sick and you're out running in the rain." She tsks, "Your mother would be disappointed." Selene jokes.

Harry chuckles softly, looking into her kind eyes. "Would you like me to get your mail for you?"

Selene beams. "That would be lovely. The landlord said he will change it next week. Hopefully, he isn't lying this time."

"Fingers crossed." Harry takes the keys from her frail fingers and opens the mailbox. Plenty of envelopes and a newspaper welcome him.

Then he spots something that isn't junk mail. It's a bright red envelope with his name in black cursive ink on the front. A cold chill flows through his veins and like a deer in headlights, he freezes.

"Harry, what's wrong?" Selene's tone pulls him out of his daze.

Harry turns to Selene, "Would you mind if I took this?" He holds up the red envelope. "It has a coupon for protein powder."

Selene smiles and wrinkles form at the corner of her eyes. "Of course. Go ahead, dear."

Relief fills Harry as he hands Selene her mail and holds the red letter to his chest. He bids goodbye to the woman and goes to the elevator. When he gets to his apartment, he sets the letter on the counter and stares at it for a bit. With. Ragged breath, Harry carefully opens the envelope, and reads the perfect black cursive words;

'Dear Mr. Styles,

You continue to amaze me. A man of justice and law; letting a criminal walk free.

You are corrupted, but aren't we all?

I see that curiosity gets the better of you—and that is where we are alike.

We play cat and mouse, but this time, the mouse will be waiting for the cat.

Triple Tease Nightclub tonight @ 10:00pm.

Au revoir, mon chat. See you tonight.

((Note: In the game of cat and mouse, harry is the cat and Louis is mouse, so Louis called harry his cat))

This is Harry's chance. Instead of feeling uneasy, Harry understands that he can finally bring justice to the city. After everything he's been through in the past few days, he can make things right. He wasn't going to let this dangerous infatuation take him. The smallest part of Harry was still fixated on the Donna—and that part may prove to be more powerful than Harry suspects.