Cultivating Timely Fears (5)

After Nightmare and his gang had left, Error had went to check on Daunt. And to his surprise, Daunt was just...sitting there, eyes closed and legs crossed. A weird energy not unlike magic buzzing around him and being absorbed.

Didn't he say something about cultivating? Is that what he was doing currently? Paralyze has gone to his room with the same excuse after everyone had left, Neutralize had left, muttering something about asking Daunt something when he wakes up.

Daunt seemed to realize he was standing there and opened his eyes, mischievously grinning at him. "So, care to tell me why you're here, in my room, staring at me? Why aren't ya sleeping? Don't tell me you don't sleep either!"

"...sInCe YOu saID So, i tOTaLlY slEEP," no one couldn't not see the sarcasm dripping down. Error deadpanned at him. Daunt asked himself why the hell he asked that when the answer was obvious.

"Then you cultivate too, right? But...I can't sense your cultivation...," Daunt suddenly gasped. "Wait, no, don't tell me your a Martial Honor? Are you a Martial God? You are the god of Destruction after all... Damn, and I thought being a Martial Emperor was good... but then again, those human Martial Supremes were the damn reason we got into this underground prison...,"

Error was extremely confused on what the hell Daunt was ranting about. Was this thing that important? How come he never heard anyone say a thing about it? Well, there were several AUs who mentioned it but they were really just something only that AU has. He never thought they had so much importance.

"I dON't dO THiS cUlTivaTinG tHInG tHat yOU kEeP taLKinG aBoUT."

Daunt stared at him intently, as if looking into something of his that ain't unlike his SOUL, a silence settling in before starting to mutter to himself. "Holy hell! How did I not notice this sooner?! The guy could've been a prodigy! I need to take note of these things more. Like, really though... Wait... he doesn't cultivate...,"

Daunt sucked in a cold breath before facing Error and saying in a serious voice. "Error, take me in a your teacher."

Error stares at him weirdly before asking, "whY WoULd I dO tHat?"

"Because if I teach you without you being my student then that would be betraying the one who taught me, and I won't be betraying my mother anytime soon. Plus, it's practically an unwritten law, because if I do that, then it'll be trampling on their honor because they "couldn't raise a son right" and the guilt it'd normally cause is a very sufficient punishment. Also, it'll just make it more official and won't sound complicated."

Error blinked. What reason would Daunt even try this? "whY Me?"

"Ehe...the best thing that a teacher can ever see is if the student surpasses them...and you have a lot of spiritual energy, it makes a sea whereas others would have a lake or a small stream..., meaning you have a lot of potential, all I need to do is find a suitable cultivation manual for you. I just have no idea whether or not you have a special institution or not because if I were to get the wrong one then it'll go wack. Oh. And plus, it's like substituting sleep, and while not as effective at resting the body, still revitalizes you. "

Error blinked at this. The past few nights he really just looked outside the window and blanked out in his thoughts while waiting for morning to come, he really didn't want to sleep and have nightmares. They just felt so...real. So no matter how nice sleep can be, he didn't want to sleep. Sleeping has lost its luster to him a long time ago, and he couldn't care less about it or his well being. Doesn't stop the others from worrying about it though...