Chapter 3

I woke up and watched as the sunlight seeped in from my windows. A brand new day, huh. I got dressed and went I brush my teeth. As I approached my sink, I could've sworn that I saw something move, but I decided to ignore it since i was probably still freaked out from yesterday's events and was just imagining things. I went downstairs to go make breakfast for myself when I got a call from Ashley.

"LEXI TURN ON THE NEWS RIGHT NOW YOU NEED TO SEE THIS!"

"Ok, ok, no need to scream." I said while grabbing the remote in my other hand.

"HURRY!" Ashely screamed, once again.

I tuned on the news and was unable to believe what I saw...

News reporter: —authorities are currently investigating the death of 20 year old Robert Brown who was found dead in the back of a dark alley at approximately 12:00 p.m. last night. The victim showed no sign of being beaten or stabbed, but with a rather unusual tear on the wrist, and two puncture marks on the throat. There is currently not enough information on the condition of the victim to determine the cause of this mysterious death but we suspect—

"No way.... that's the same way that the girl in our school died...." I whisper into the phone.

"Exactly what I thought. Do you think this was just a coincidence or is someone purposely killing people like this?"

"No idea... but this is sick.... who in their right minds would do such a thing?!?"

"Maybe it's a psycho serial killer?" Ashley suggests.

"Not helping..." I growl back.

"Ok, ok sorry. I have no idea alright?"

I paused for a few seconds, mentally debating whether or not I should spill my past to Ashley.

"Hey Ash, come to my house at 2:00 p.m. and bring Chelsea and Lauren okay?"

"Sure, why though?"

"I have to tell you guys something..." After saying that, I hung up the phone and flopped onto my couch. Who's doing this... and more importantly why? As scared as I was, I was also determined to get to the bottom of this situation and figure out who murdered my dad.

News reporter: —the victim also seemed to be completely drained of blood, with no stains anywhere apart from a small patch of his sleeve—

Wait... the victim was drained of blood? Both Dad and that girl from school had blood pooling around them, throats punctured, but they were definitely still full of blood. Could this mean they have no relationship to each other after all? Or just that there are a certain set of conditions that the victim must meet for the killer to drain their blood? Possibilities flooded my mind until I couldn't stand it anymore.

"Ugh! I need answers and I need them now!!!" I stormed to my door yanked it open, storming out, head down, when I suddenly crashed into something.

"Owww...." I rubbed my head and looked up. Alec stood over me, a worried expression on his face.

"Are you okay? Where are you going? Do you need anything?"

"No, it's fine. Why are you here again?" Not that I mind...

"I came to check on you, since you know..."

"Oh ok, thanks, but I'm fine." I answer.

"Are you sure? You didn't seem fine just then. You looked like you wanted to kill someone, it was scary." I chuckled.

"Yeah, oh really? Well maybe I'm the secret killer, you never know. I could just stab you and drain your blood right now..." I leaned in close and whispered in his ear, causing him to flinch slightly.