Prologue

A rainy day. Clouds covering up the dark, gloomy sky, draining my world of happiness. It was only yesterday when it happened. When my life changed completely. I am at my father's funeral, still trying to process all this new information.

"We were only on a camping trip! Why did this have to happen?!?" My younger sister was crying hysterically, denying the fact that our father, was now dead. I don't blame her. I didn't accept it either until I couldn't deny it further. Why... How...? Who did this...? I..I'll never forgive them.....

*Flashback*
"Come on children! We're going to play hide and seek! I'll hide, and you can find me." My dad said, attempting to get us to explore the woods. My cowardly sister didn't want to play since she's too afraid of the 'monsters' out in the woods. I dragged her along with me and forced her to play.

"Ok dad, we're starting now!" I told him. "One... Two... Three... " I watched him sprint off playfully into the woods, trying to find a good spot to hide. Our dad was unlike your typical, strict but playful dad. He was special in his own, unique way. He had a funny attitude and is always trying to get us to laugh and he was also super cool with everything. Mom, on the other hand, is the hard-working one. She spends almost the whole day at work, making money to keep us all alive. I love my parents, they're great and I can't find much to complain about, apart from my little sister of course. She's as annoying as you can get.

"Ready or not, here we come!" She screams with joy. We run into the woods, searching behind rocks, looking in trees(yes he climbed a tree once) and basically every other place we could. We were about to give up when we heard a scream. A loud, bloodcurdling scream. We both panicked as our family were the only ones in the woods, meaning one of us screamed. The voice was a male's, which could only mean one thing....

"DAD!!!" We both shout in unison, sprinting to the direction where we think the voice was coming from. That's when we saw it.

The body.

Lifeless and bleeding...

Two large puncture marks on the throat...

Blood pooling around underneath him..

*End of Flashback*

We mourned and grieved for days. Finally unable to stand it, we decided to move from our house and start a new life. That, was how it all began...