chapter 7

The gang was being held hostage by Doom in the old Acme Factory. They all had their hands up as they were being searched. The only one left to check was Jessica as the weasels frisked them.

"We searched Valiant and Butler, boss, the will ain't on 'em." Smarty clarified.

"Then frisk the woman!" Doom demanded, pointing to Jessica.

"I'LL handle this one." Greasy offered, coming toward Jessica with a suave look on his face. He shoved his hand into Jessica's breast cups and yelped in pain as there was a bear trap in there, clawed on his hands.

"Nice booby trap." Eddie remarked.

"Nice pun." Cherry added.

The weasels laughed at Greasy's misfortune and pain as he tried to get it off. Doom sneered at him and hit him with his cane against a bunch of old boxes and a bunch of eye balls rolled out. 

Doom turned sharply to his minions, making them shut up. "Do they have the will or not?"

"Nah, just a stupid love letter." Smarty answered as Psycho confiscated the paper from Eddie's jacket.

"No matter," Doom said. "I doubt that will is going to show up in the next 15 minutes anyway."

Cherry swiped the letter from Psycho and handed to Eddie for safe keeping. 

"What happens in the next 15 minutes?" Eddie asked.

"Toon Town will be legally mine, lock, stock, and barrel." Doom explained. 

The group grew worried and nervous about those possibilities.

Meanwhile, out of town, Benny was still hurt. Atticus was a little car sick with Roger behind the wheel, but the rabbit stopped once he saw one of his best friends in trouble. "Benny, is that you?" Roger asked.

"No, it's Shirley Temple!" Benny answered, then walked on his tires, hissing in pain.

"Jumpin' Jeepers! What happened?"

"Doom grabbed your wife, Cherry, and Valiant, and took 'em to the Acme Factory."

"Oh, great." Atticus groaned as Benny came to the car.

"The Acme Factory?" Roger asked, then his eyes lit up. "I know where that is. Get in!"

"Move over, Rog," Benny shoved him aside to take the wheel. "You've done enough drivin' for one night." 

"I can't believe we're riding in a car driven by a car... Now I've seen everything." Atticus rolled his eyes.

Benny took the wheel and drove to the factory to save everyone before it would be too late.

Back at the factory, two of the weasels, Stupid and Wheezy were breaking down the brick wall where Toon Town was hidden.

"Toon Town's right on the other side of the wall, boss!" Stupid called out.

"You see, Mr. Valiant and little girl? The successful conclusion of this case draws the curtains on my career as a jurist in Toon Town," Doom gloated as he walked in the center of the room. "I'm retiring to take a new role in the private sector."

"That wouldn't be Cloverleaf industries, by any chance, huh?" Eddie interrogated.

"Uh-huh." Smarty nodded.

Doom spun on his heels. "You're looking at the sole stockholder."

Benny came close to the factory and pulled in on the side. 

"Benny, Atticus, you go for the cops," Roger said, shakily holding a gun in his hands with Atticus on his side. "I'm gonna save my wife."

"Be careful with that gun!" Benny flinched, lightly pushing him. "This ain't no cartoon, you know."