Prologue

The scene was a confusing mess as fifteen girls in brightly colored costumes fought each other. Punching, kicking, and shooting energy beams. While none of the girls received much damage, the same could not be said for the surrounding area. After a moment of study, one could see that they were in groups of five.

As the girls fought, the buildings and ground around them bore the brunt of the damage. Walls and trees where shattered. Craters pitted the ground and flames raged through the area. In the background, two individuals dressed in dark clothes could be seen sneaking away.

The scene froze, and several animal-like creatures looked at each other. They were seated around a large table. For a moment they all were quiet. It didn't last long.

"The situation if Tower City has become intolerable," bellowed a fox. "Our forces there are spending more time fighting each other than the enemy!" The fox was sitting a large table with various creatures arranged around it.

"What about their guides," a rabbit asked. "Aren't they doing anything to stop this?"

"They aren't listening to them," the fox said. "I don't know why?"

"They're teens," a doe said. "When was the last time teenagers actually listened to adults in charge?"

"You may have a point," the fox said after a moment. "But they still shouldn't be fighting each other."

"That goes without saying a badger said. "But how? If they're not going to listen to their guides, what can we do?"

All the animals quieted down at the question. None of them seemed to know how to answer it. They all looked around, hoping one of the others could give a response.

An elderly tortoise started to raise one foot.

"I know what I'd like to know," a wolf said. "I'd like to know what the other guides are doing. We, the animal guides, are trying to come up with a solution. Are they?"

"They're holding a meeting at this very moment," an owl said. "If you didn't know, a grand meeting will take place next week. There, both the animal guides, the water animal guides, the insect guides, and the spirit guides are supposed to present any possible solutions they have come up with."

"But we haven't come up with any," a raccoon cried. This caused most of the others at the table to start arguing amongst themselves.

The tortoise finished raising his foot. Only the wolf saw him. "Quiet," he shouted. All the animals turned to look at him. "The historian has something to say."

The animals turned to face the tortoise who was just now putting his foot down. "There may be a solution," he said in a surprisingly strong voice. "In the archives, there are records of a plan for just this situation. The plan has never been activated before, so I don't know how well it will work. But, we need to do this. Or else, the planet will fall to the forces of darkness. We need to activate the Magical Girl Assassination Squad."