Teenage Hearts

Prologue

Ashley wakes up to a totally normal day. Groan after hearing the most annoying alarm. Try to sleep for 5 min. Irritating brother shouts in face. Finally gets up.  Go for a shower. Eat breakfast. Change into daggy uniform. Brush teeth. Do hair. Think about stealing Mum’s makeup, but then decide against it. Go for natural look. Look at time. Freak out. Grab lunch from Mum. Kiss Dad goodbye. Run after the disappearing bus. Get on. Smile at driver tiredly. And then…*sigh* finally, sometime to relax. Oh wait, spoke too soon. She’s still got the cake-faced slutty bitches to deal with. *Rolls eyes*.

“So, Ashley, how’s that no makeup thing going? Why don’t you try a bit on? I’m sure it’ll look much better than your natural look now. It looks like someone scrubbed your face with an iron scrubbing...thing!” says Teagan, the leader of the four sluts.

“I’ve told you once, and I’ll keep telling you until it drills into that thick skull of yours,” Teagan rolls her eyes but Ashley continues, “I don’t like wearing makeup!! Its fake, it makes you something your not! Oh gods, how hard is it to understand that?! Far out, you’re not even frigging listening!  You’re so infuriating! I have no idea how Zack can even stand being around you for a few minutes let alone the whole frigging day!”

This gets Teagan’s attention. “Uh, well excuse em moi but –“

“You’re excused, Teagan!” Ashley says, resisting the urge to spit in her face. Ashley gets up, and stalks to the front of the bus. She falls into the seat and tries to calm down. She has to take several deep breaths before she can finally stop thinking about throwing a couple of punches in Teagan and her fellow sluts’ direction. She looks at her diary in her bag, and sees that today is the worst day of the week. Out of the 6 periods a day her school life is consisted of, Tuesdays are the most horrible; 4 periods with the one and only, Zachary Porter. Well, he is only the hottest and most popular guy on the school. She has Music, Science, Social Science and Maths with him. Luckily the cake-faces sluts are only in two of her classes in the whole timetable, but it’s still enough to come home irritable and cranky. She sighs heavily, and waits anxiously for the start of a horrible day to begin.