N I N E

"they've been out all night, we should go search for them." the chef paced back and forth, poorly attempting to control his panicked breaths.

"I'm sure thier fine C," the neko attempt to calm the other, placing a hand on the cook's trembling shoulder, "you just need to relax a bit." Chef turned in his heel, seeming as a panicked mother who wasn't ahwere of where thier child had gone, "but what if they are hurt!?"

"they are fine," the doctor stepped in, confronting the fantic (non) parent figure, "you must calm though, all this panic might lead to much more severe consequences--"

there was a knock on the door.

confusing, they never got guests, living far up on raspy hill. Chef slowly approaches the wooden barrier, a slimmer of hope that the dopplergangers would be on the other side. he twists the knob, everyone waiting anxiously.

he swings the door open, and gasps fill the once silent house.

"what are you doing here?" venomous hatred was linked perfectly in the cooks words, as he stared daggers into the others piercing eyes.

the uninvited guest lowly chuckled, the sound broken and glitched, suddenly gripping Chef by the throat.

"just here to pay an old debt"

•○•○•○•○•

the small sunrise of mid orange mixing in with the dark navy blue dotted with twinkling stars of the sky, and it was just enough to wake the sleeping man next to his demon alter.

he groaned, slowly lifting his hand to rub his tired, dry eye's, slowly glancing around his surroundings. confusion was his first reaction to waking in a grassy area, near the edge of a cliff.

but then, he moved his slightly dilated pupils up, seeing the peacefully relaxed face of the so labeled moster he was falling for. for once, his face appeared actually relaxed, peaceful, a wonderful sight for Mark. he smiled dreamily, snuggling a bit closer into his side.

and then, a sudden idea popped into his head.

he wanted this moment to last. so, he tenderly removed his phone, that had no service, careful not to wake the other.

he went to the camera app on his phone, holding the device high in the air, steady as possible. he gave a soft smile to the camera, hitting the button at the bottom center of the screen. he smiled a bit wider as he pulled the cell down to his face, checking the picture to make sure it came out well.

and, to Mark, it was perfect.

great quality --for his phone--, perfect lighting, and Dark had snuggled his face into Marks floof, just making the photo extra cute. he smiled brightly, setting it as his wallpaper.

just then, a heavy hum caught his attention, quickly slipping his phone back into his pocket. he held as still as possible as Dark awoke from unconsciousness, tightening his grip on the other. "hm?" he questioned, observing his surroundings.

he focused his tired crimson orbs down to the warm spot of his body, a slight heat rushing to both thier faces as thier eyes met.

"heh, good morning Dark." Mark attempt to greet, only resulting in his cheek temperature rising. "morning Mark," the demon said, realizing his arm tightly secured aroud his wished to be lover, "sorry."

"oh no it's okay!" the gamer cut off, feeling embarrassed as he realized it might of sounded weird on how fast he answered. "i-i mean it was really cold last night, it kept me warm." 'nice save Mark'. Dark chuckled, bringing the other closer, ever slightly tangling thier legs, "good, i was comfortable as well."