Chapter Thirty-Two

Alex:

     I started crying in front of Felicia. She thought she was going to die and she thought of me. I was the person she thought about.

     "I'm just glad you're okay," I told her.

     "I'm sorry," she said.

     "About what?" I asked.

     "I left without even saying goodbye. I didn't want to. Carly's mom wasn't feeling good and I had to leave right then. I'm sorry," she said.

     "Don't be sorry."

     Carly rushed in the door amd tears instantly came to her eyes. She came over to the other side of Felicia's hospital bed and hugged her.

     "I didn't hear about this until an hour before I came here. I was scrolling through my newsfeed on facebook and this was all that I saw," She said, handing Felicia her phone.

     There were people praying for her. People were asking how she was doing. A few even mentioned her mom.

     "Well, I gotta go. I have soccer tryouts to go to. I would skip them and stay here with you, but Mom's making me go," Carly said as she walked outside. She almost bumped into Nat, who was carrying a teddy bear with a balloon tied to it.

     "Here. I bought these for you downstairs in the gift shop. I'm sorry about your mom," he said, handing the stuffed bear to Felicia.

     "Thank you, Nat."

     She laughed to herself.

     "What's so funny?" I asked her.

     "I never, in my wildest dreams, would have expexted Nat Wolff to buy me a teddy bear."