Chapter 18: Camp Olympus

"What are you bringing?" Rachael asked.

I placed a folded shirt in my small suitcase. "Clothes, mascara, toiletries,phone, charger, sketchbook, pencil, earphones, and snacks."

"Same." Rachael agreed over the phone. "That's kind of what I'm bringing as well, aren't you excited? We're leaving tomorrow!"

"I know." I groaned. "But it's a three and a half hour drive!"

"Ok then sit with me on the bus." I heard Rachael sigh in response. "I downloaded a few movies to keep us from dying of boredom or falling asleep. Last time, Caleb, that loud guy in our class, fell asleep on a trip to the science center. He was slumped over, and was drooling. People were snap chatting it, and posting it everywhere. #sleeping beauty!" She added with a mock giggle.

I rolled my eyes, adjusting the phone against my ear. "Ok, ok, I'll sit beside you. Bring lots of snacks. Tell someone to bring a speaker so we can have a party in the cabin."

"Yes, Jordan!" She cheered. I was getting used to my fake last name. "I like the way you think. I'll tell Sara to bring hers. It's small, but plays it loud and clear!.....That sounded oddly wrong."

I laugh, say my goodbyes and hang up. I then do a double check that everything is packed, then zip it close.

•••••
"Alright!" Mr. Davis yelled while we settled on the bus. "Remember the girls are all separated in to 3 cabins, same with the boys! There are 24 girls and 28 boys! That means you all should've made your group of 8, for the cabins. And guys, your group of 9."

The girls and I smiled at each other. It was Rachael, Rose, Sara, 4 other girls, and I. I was in Group C and in my group were Ryder, Sara, Sam, James, Mark, a quiet girl named Margaret, a guy named Caleb and I.

Rachael was in Group D, whole Rose and Michael were in Group A. Oops yes, forgot to mention, Melinda and Kailtlin were in our group too. Yes, the two bitc- ahem, beaches, who got me in trouble for "starting a food fight".

"I downloaded The Visit and Mean Girls." Rachael grinned, pulling out her phones and earphones. I adjusted my coat on top of my lap.

All of us had boarded the bus with our luggage stashed. Students sat in pairs. Mark and James, Rose and Sara, Michael and Ryder, and all the other pairs, who seemed to have planned this two weeks ago.

I peered curiously at the phone. "I've watched The Visit once... but what's Mean Girls?"

Rachael gasped in horror. Then laughed. "Mean Girls, what's Mean Girls? Pffft. What's Mean Girls?!" She saw my expression. "Oh my God, you weren't kidding! What alien maniac never watched Mean Girls before! It's a classic genius!"

I winced. If I told her I was too busy with spy missions and SEYA business than catching up with trendy movies and shows, she'd laugh harder. Instead I lied. "I'm joking. I watched it once. But don't remember much."

  She exhaled. "Jesus Christ. You almost gave me a heart attack." She holds up her phone and we both stick in one earphone. We watch the Visit first, me with a small smile, and her jumping at every scene. Then we watch Mean Girls, both of us laughing. Surprisingly, I loved the movie. It was actually pretty funny, and I enjoyed watching it.

  We had finally reached the entrance of Camp Olympus, looking excitedly at the forestry and activities we spotted in the distance. Once we all took out luggage's our from the bus, we waited at the front of a wooden cabin.

   After 5 minutes, 5 adults stepped out. There were three males and two females. There was a dark skinned male and female. A blonde and redhead man, and a dark haired woman. They all had cheerful smiles.