Chapter 33: Double Agent

IT HAS BEEN A LONG MONTH, BUT WITH EXAMS COMING UP AND TESTS/PROJECTS, I BARELY HAD TIME TO BREATHE. PLUS I WAS A PROCRASTINATING ASSHOLE HELD UP BY FAIRY TAIL (ANIME) IM SORRY!!!!

There was a time where I got shot in the leg, and the blood loss caused me to be dazed and unable to breathe.

That's how I felt now. Without the contacts, makeup and rubber (fake extra skin), hair dye washed off, Corporal Dram looked like completely different person.

But still familiar altogether.

My brother.

His eyes widened at the sight of me, a gun in his hand, frozen.

I took a step back, while Wasp aimed her gun on him, giving me concerned looks. "Um, what's wrong with you? Do you know him?"

Her voice snapped him out of his trance. He flicked the safety off, and trained his gun at her. "Well, Wasp, you might know me as Corporal Dram..."

Wasp's eyes widened in recognition. "No..." Her hand faltered.

"Cole?" I croaked again, as if unable to process the man in front of me.

Wasp gaped at me. "Cole? As in your BROTHER!?"

His eyes softened at me. "Hey sis."

I snapped. "Wait, no, you don't get to 'Hey sis' me!" A tear slipped down my cheek.

He took a step closer. "Yeah ... I'm not 17. I'm 20. My real name is Cole Reye-."

"You are not a Reyes, you sick, lying motherfucker." I snarled, hands shaking on the trigger.

He pressed his lips together, taking a second gun out and aiming it at me. "I don't want to hurt you."

"Yeah?" I cried sarcastically. "Don't want to lie that you're a 17 year old agent? That you would always be with me? Oh please, hurt me my ass. You killed me. And you're going to do it again now."

"Serena, you don't understand, god. A year after I got adopted... I felt so guilty... then I saw you.. on a mission. And I knew what I had to do."

"Lie to me?! Betray SEYA?!" I screamed. "You always leave. When you say you don't. You don't it again. And again. And again!"

"Sereere-."

"SHUT UP!"

I pulled the trigger.

••••

"...Are you ok?"

"Shut up, Wasp. Focus on the mission."

"Um... Agent Arrow and Ryder say top floor is secure. But they triggered some sort of alarm. We gotta get Mark and move before reinforcements come."

I simply nod, numb.

"Look... you didn't have to-."

"What?" I snarled. "Shoot him? Leave it be, I shot to injure not kill... is he tied up in the van?"

"Yea-."

"Sera!"

We both swiveled to see Ryder and Jacob keeping Mark up.

"Mark!" I stumbled towards them. "Is he ok? What happened!?"

"We found him. But he isn't looking too good. We run while we can." Jacob wiper his forehead.

"He's right." Ryder gulped. "We're gonna get company real quick if we don't leave."

I nodded, taking Marks arm of Jacob and looping it around my shoulders. "Alright, Ryder and I got Mark, you two cover us."