김 석진 / kim seokjin

That morning, at the oddest hour, Seokjin heard a knock at his door

That morning, at the oddest hour, Seokjin heard a knock at his door. He never had visitors, and never expects them, but the rapt noise of knuckles against wood was enough to set him thinking.

Stumbling while getting off the couch, he made his way to the door, and opened it lazily, just a crack but enough to see who occupied the other side.

A tall man, dressed in a corduroy jacket that fell till his knees, and plain trousers beneath them, stood at the door with a curious expression on his face.

"Kim Seokjin?" He said, his voice questioning.

"Yes?" Seokjin said, his eyebrows furrowing unknowingly.

"Hello, I'm Kim Namjoon." The stranger said. "I wanted to speak with you."

"Me?" Seokjin said. "Uh, sure, come in."
He opened the door further, and allowed Namjoon room to come inside.

The two of them sat on the couch, and Seokjin flipped the television off. "Would you like anything to drink?"

"Oh, no, I'm good." Namjoon said, and awkwardness fell like a blanket around them.

"Right." Namjoon said, cutting the tension. "I'll get straight to the point then. Do you know anyone called Yoon Jae Eun?"

Seokjin went still, and the name didn't even have to go beyond the surface of his mind for him to recall her.

She was always on his mind.

"I - I do." Seokjin stammered. "What about her?"

"Well," Namjoon said, taking a deep breath. "She's gone; she's missing, and no one knows where she is."

Namjoon's words hit Seokjin hard, and he stared blankly, his heart thumping against his ribs.
"She's missing?"

"Yes." Namjoon repeated. "Has been for three days."

"Okay." Seokjin said slowly, before he remembered that she wasn't his anymore. "So?"

Namjoon didn't seem fazed at the bluntness of his question, as he remained indifferent. "I know that she must've left you." He stated. "But if she is to be found, you're needed."

"What? Why?"

"All in good time, Seokjin."