Stick Around

School was over, and was ready to see Colby. I couldn't wait, actually. At lunch I sat with my friends, so I couldn't see Colby. It was depressing, even tho we have every class together other than the last; shop for me, biology for him. I was so happy to see him again for some reason, so, I grabbed my bag and headed out of the School, only to be stopped by Jake and the others.

"Dude!" Jake shouted, "wanna come to the mall with us?" He asked. I felt terrible for a moment as I replied, "Can't Dude, I'm hanging out with Co-...my friend." A frown spread across each of my friends faces, besides Aaron tho, cause he was on the phone.

"Who?" They all asked at once, making me freeze. If I tell the truth, their reaction is most likely going to be terrible. But, if I lie, they'd investigate.
I think I might stick with telling them. So I sigh, and admit to my "crimes".

"Colby. Colby Brock." I say smoothly. Jake's mouth dropped, and I could see Corey getting mad. Devyn just stood their, and Aaron nearly dropped his phone. My hand slides up to scratch the back of my neck as I avoid eye contact at all costs.
"Colby...Brock?" Jake asked. I nod slowly, looking up to him once again.

"So, the guy in a gang? The punk guy who beats kids up for fun? That one?" Corey starts, "The kid who cheats, hurts people, does hardcore drugs? The ki-"

"Bullshit." I cut in. Pure rage started to burn inside me. "All of that is petty assumptions and lies. If you actually get to know the guy, he's fucking great. Yeh, he smokes cigarettes and weed. So does other teenagers!! He'll kick ass if he has to, and he'd never fucking cheat."

As I spoke, I think literal salt spilt from my mouth. I don't understand why I'm so enraged, but I sure as hell am. "Sorry, guys, I don't know why I got so upset. But..." I sighed, putting my hand on my forehead. "I gotta go..."

"Its alright, dude... sorry." Corey spoke quietly. I looked to him, sending an apologetic smile. Jake patted my shoulder, "text me, Okay?"

"Of course."

I began to walk, and Devyn waved along with Aaron. I waved back to them, smiling sweetly.
As I walked behind the school, the noise faded. It was quiet, only distant noise was heard as I reached the back of the school.

•Third Person POV•

Sam neared the back of his highschool, tapping his fingers against his bookbag strap nervously. He turned, seeing the one and only Colby Brock sitting with a cigarette in hand. Smoke sored out of the brunettes mouth as he blew it, then throwing the finished cig down and crushing it with the tip of his black hightops.

Sam walked closer as the brunette stood up. The short blonde smiled as he stopped in front of the other, looking up at him cutely.
Colby looked down, before rustling his hair and beginning to walk.

"Where are we going?" Sam questioned. "The mall," Colby responded, "I want to show you my friends, and then my house of you're down."
The blonde couldn't help but blush and smile, "o-okay!!"

-

This was a short chapter, but I've been in a bad place. I hope you enjoy, tho!! Also selfpromo but I made a new Insta it's fvkinglitter like my @ on here!!
Also we've got 140+ views!! Thank you!!!