Chapter 8

Sam's P.OV

One week.

It's been one week since the best night of my entire life.

It's hard having a boyfriend whose touring all over the world and having to hide our relationship from millions of fangirls who'd plot my murder for dating their dream guy, but it's so worth it.

"What are you thinking about cutie?"

The Australian accent rings from my laptop.

"Oh nothing, I was just thinking about the last week we had together and how I wish you were next to me instead of hundreds of miles away and talking to me through Facetime." I sigh.

"Just a couple more months, that's all." He sweetly smiles back.

After a couple more hours of talking and laughing, Luke hangs up and goes to bed.

My mind simply cannot seem to shut up as it keeps whirring around and around thinking of the endless possibilities and moments with Luke.

In an attempt to calm myself down, I try repeating the basics of my life.

My name is Samantha

I have one brother and a mom and a dad.

My best friend is Allie.

It's 3:45am in Long Island,

My boyfriend is in Ireland at the moment.

That boyfriend is also Luke Hemmings from the band 5 Seconds of Summer.

My best friend Allie has a thing with Harry Styles.

The world's hottest guys like us.

US.

The attempt to calm myself down has the complete opposite affect I intended and it ends up getting me more excited.

My ringtone goes off and interrupts my ecstatic thoughts.

The song Oath by Cher Lloyd rings through my entire room, I know that ringtone, that's my ringtone for Allie.

"HeyHey." I speak into the phone

"Hey, sorry for waking you up but I just got off Facetime with Harry and I can't fall asleep because I can't stop thinking about the possibilities and everything that could go wrong and everything that could go so so right!" She talks excitedly into the phone.

As she begins to tell the story of her and Harry's Facetime,

I can't help but think how lucky I am at this very moment.

My celebrity crush is my boyfriend, my best friend is going through the same exact thing, and she thinks the exact same way as I do.

I'm so lucky to have an exact copy of myself in my life.

It was at this very moment that I realized that I wouldn't be nearly as happy if she wasn't in this situation as me.

Everything truly is better with your best friend.