Chapter 1

"There's a lightning in your eyes, I can't deny. Then there's me inside a sinking boat running out of time. Without you I'll never make it out alive. But I know, yes I know, we'll be alright"
-

Juliet scattered her room to find her jean jacket that she threw on the floor last night. She was sure that she had it. Did she? She was a usually somewhat organized person but this time she didn't know what happened. After she snuck her friends in last night everything was a blur to her. Of course her parents weren't home, they were at some business trip and got home the day after. The screen on her phone lit up meaning she got a text message. She unburied herself in a pile of clothes that she made when she was looking for her jacket. The text message was from Gemma, her best friend.

Gemma: "Dude can you hurry up, we're going to miss it."'

Me: "Relax, it doesn't start till 9."

Gemma: "IT'S 9:15."

Me: "Shit. Sorry I got distracted looking for my jacket."

Gemma: "The Jean one?"

Me: " Yea. Why?"

Gemma: "You let Scarlet borrow it last night because it was cold and she didn't bring a jacket. How drunk were you?"

Me: "I did? Wow I have no fucking clue."

Gemma: "You'll get it back later. Now get your ass down here."

Me: "Alright, Alright I'm coming."

She put her phone in her pocket and decided that she just wouldn't bring a jacket because she'll probably get hot and forget it somewhere. It's happened before. She ran down her spiral staircase and into her huge living room to find her parents. They were sitting on the couch with laptops on their laps, probably doing something work related. She gave them both a kiss on a cheek.

"Bye mum by dad. I'm going over Gemma's to study for our history final. And I think we're going to to be up late so I'll probably sleep over.

"Okay honey. Just me back before dinner tomorrow." Her mom said not looking up from her computer screen. Her parents are clueless when it comes to her life. Unless it includes her grades they don't care. Her grades have to be perfect, and they are. She studies, constantly. But every once in a while she goes out and does things that an eighteen year old shouldn't do. You know what they say.

Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught.

Before she got to open the door her mom was able to get a sentence in. "Also Juliet don't forget to look for a dress for the party next week."

Shit she totally forgot. She thought to herself.

"Sure thing mom. Bye!"

Juliet was met with an angry Gemma outside her door. "It's about time!" She half yelled.

"Shh my parents are in the living room." She said while getting out her car keys.

"What'd you tell them this time?" Gemma asked.

"The usual." She said while getting into her CTS Seden Cadillac. She told my parents that she would be fine with a Honda but their stubborn. She wasn't complaining though.

"Study group?" Gemma asked while turing on the radio.

"Bingo."

-

"Bro, it's a Tuesday night. I have a test tomorrow." Michael said to Luke through the phone.

"Oh come one Mike. You've been studying all week, you deserve a break. And plus my sister is going. My sister man. I'm gonna be known as the lame guy that's sister has a better life then him." Luke begged.