Acknowledgements

Acknowledgements

Thanks to my husband, Jim, who once sold the family minivan to send me to a writers’ conference, works two jobs so I can write full-time, reads me, edits me, believes in me, and loves me.

I’m grateful to my daughter Annie whose dream of loving orphans in Peru inspired Raine’s passion. And my son Luke, like Drew, when he sings makes me feel like only God and I are in the room.

Thanks to Jackie Jessup, my proofreader and cheerleader who took days off work to traipse around New Smyrna Beach quizzing people for info with her temporarily-struck-shy writer friend. And for keeping me sober at high school keg parties and out of all the trouble I would have wandered into.

A heart-felt thank you goes to the hundreds of people who made me a summer camp expert: the folks at Our Lady of The Hills Camp in Hendersonville, North Carolina, the “happy” in my childhood; Camp Bethany in Loudenville, Ohio; Camp Shipshewana in Shipshewana, Indiana; and ABC Camp in Patagonia, Arizona.

God receives my deepest appreciation for creating me with a purpose—to write—and for causing my heart to sing when I write.

Thank you for reading Kicking Eternity, walking into my imaginary world and my heart.

 Ann Lee Miller earned a BA in creative writing from Ashland (OH) University and writes full-time in Phoenix, but left her heart in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, where she grew up. She loves speaking to young adults and guest lectures on writing at several Arizona colleges. When she isn’t writing or muddling through some crisis—real or imagined—you’ll find her hiking in the Superstition Mountains with her husband or meddling in her kids’ lives.