Part 19

Jimin

We stop for petrol and to stretch our legs at a little servo after a few hours of driving. We all crack up laughing when we see how windswept Taehyung and Jungkook's hair has gotten.

"Shut up," Jungkook tells us as he frantically tries to smooth down his black mess.

"Should we swap who's sitting in the back now?" Taehyung asks, and none of us answer. "Trust me, it's not bad. You'll love it."

"You want to?" I ask Yoongi.

"Sure," he says.

We both jump in the tray and lean back against the body of the car, and the others clamber inside.

"By the way, Jimin, I texted Mum and told her we're okay," Jungkook says before he does.

Crap. I didn't even think about telling Auntie Lisa. "Oh great, is she cool with this?"

"Not really, but she hasn't ordered us to come home or anything so we're fine." Jungkook laughs and gets into his seat.

"Are you guys okay?" Jin shouts back to us.

"Yeah!" I reply.

I jump when the car starts moving. It feels weird not being inside. Then Yoongi takes my hand in his and I couldn't feel more safe.

If I thought I felt refreshed looking out the window, I feel reborn sitting in the tray. The car blocks some of the wind so what we can feel isn't enough to be annoying. After about twenty minutes the greenery to my right clears and we're driving past the sparkling blue sea. There's no other cars to be seen. I don't let go of Yoongi's hand the whole time.

"I love you so much," Yoongi says randomly at one point.

"I love you more."

"I don't think that's possible."

I smile. "This is the most beautiful moment in life."

He looks over at me. "That was poetic. Maybe you should write the songs around here."

"Don't be silly."

Yoongi pulls my hand up to his mouth and kisses it. A tingle spreads from the spot where he kissed throughout my whole body.

"I kinda feel like shouting something," I say when the thought pops into my head.

Yoongi laughs. "Why?"

"No one would hear."

"Besides everyone in there." He points behind us.

"Oh, who cares about them," I say. Then I let go of Yoongi's hand, cup my hands to my mouth and lean forwards. "I'M IN LOVE WITH MIN YOONGI!" I shout into the wind.

"Jesus, I didn't know you were capable of being so loud," Yoongi says when I lean back.

"Go on, try it. It's fun."

Yoongi bites his tongue, but then cups his own hands to his mouth.

"I'M IN LOVE WITH PARK JIMIN!"

He faces me, a big smile on his face and cheeks flushed. "You're right. That was fun."

I get up onto my knees even though Jin told us to stay on our behinds, and shout one more thing. Even louder than before.

"WE'RE GONNA BE YOUNG FOREVER!"

...

That night we look around for a motel to sleep in, but can't find one. We really are in the middle of nowhere, and I love it.

"I brought a few blankets, sleeping bags and pillows just in case. The front seats recline. We can sleep in here," Jin suggests when he eventually gives in and pull over near a grassy hill. We all agree, tired after a long day of driving.

Just a few minutes later, we're all set up to sleep. Yoongi and I in the tray with our sleeping bags pressed together, Taehyung and Jungkook reclined in the front two seats, Hoseok laying down over the back three, and Jin and Namjoon on the grass.

"Are you sure you guys wanna sleep there? There's room in here," I tell Jin and Namjoon.

"Nah, it'll be too squishy. We're fine," Namjoon says, and wriggles his sleeping bag closer to Jin.

We all say goodnight to each other, then the ones inside close the windows and we all go quiet. I snuggle up to Yoongi, wanting to get as close as I can.

"Goodnight, Yoongi," I whisper, and he kisses the top of my head.

Not too long after, he's snoring. Even though he's snoring pretty much directly into my ear, I still manage to catch a conversation between Namjoon and Jin.

"Hey Jin?"

"Yeah?"

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"I'm, like, crazy in love with you."

"Hey Namjoon?"

"Yeah?"

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"I'm, like, crazy in love with you too."