6. Surprise: The Real Ayano

Kakashi stares out the window, wondering about that mysterious girl.

"Momentary death~" Ayano smirked with a scary glint in her eyes. "Oh how smart that H-... Tracker nin was~"

Her words depicted that she could be an ally of them, but it would counteract against what she had said after.

"Now I can kill them myself..."

Kakashi was utterly confused. He didn't know wether to trust his student, or to keep a constant watch on her. She was just too... tricky...

Kakashi groans and rubs his head.

"Why is she always like this..." He groans in frustration, as Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto walk in.

"Kakashi-sensei, it's been three days, and Ayano isn't back yet." Sakura informs, her voice on the edge of panicking. "We've looked around the forest and we can't see her anywhere."

'Is she an enemy, or a ally? Argh!' He thinks frantically.

"She said she would return. I highly doubt she been in the forest for that long." Kakashi sighs and stands up. He had no need for the crutches anymore. "We have to search all around then. You three look in town, and I'll look in the forest."

"Oi! Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto exclaims, jabbing a finger at him accusingly. "Why are you the one that gets to go alone, believe it!"

"Because Naruto." Kakashi sighs in dismay. "I am a jounin, and I have better chakra detection then all three of you do. So go on your ways."

Sasuke walks out of the room, followed by Sakura and Naruto.

"Hmpf, I don't think Ayano is in the village though..." Naruto sighs, placing his hands behind his head. "Oh well."

The three walk through the town, observing the scenes of poverty and opharnage. The sight was cruel, and wasn't pleasant for all of them.

A group of kids push pass the three, giggling and laughing loudly, disturbing the sense of sadness and poverty in the town. The town's villagers smile slightly, waving and laughing along with them.

"Aya-nii! Aya-nii! " They shout, catching the attention of the three genin. The ran after the kids, sparked with curiousity.

As they reached the end of the corner, Sasuke stops abruptly, causing Naruto to slide into his back.

"Itai..." Naruto groans as Sasuke holds up a finger to his lip.

"Shut up, dobe."

"Oi! Sasuke-te-"

"Shut up Naruto!" Sakura screeches, not loud enough for the kids to hear. Sasuke peeks around the corner and his jaw drops.

Standing there was Ayano, with a genuine smile. GENUINE. The sight flamed his face instantly as he pulled back and covered his face with his hands.

"Sasuke-kun, what's wrong?" Sakura asks worryingly. She then decides to peek and covers her mouth before she can scream. "T-t-that's Ayano... And she's smiling..."

"What?!" Naruto exclaims, shoving Sasuke to the side. "Where?!" He then peeks by the corner and blushes wildly, backing up into Sasuke.

"Dobe, move!" Sasuke orders in a harsh whisper/yell tone.

"Aya-nii! Did you bring us any food?" A kiddish voice squeals, followed by many more requests.

"Bread? Do you have any bread Aya-nii?"