Prologue

(Y/N) : your name
(L/N) : last name
" " : dialogues

________________________________________
Leidenschaftlich, a country located in the southern-middle part of the continent of Telesis. Filled with beautiful landscapes bursting with national resources and natural harbors that made it into the center of trade for other countries in Telesis. But as many good things came from it, bad things comes just as much. The resources and strategic locations made Leidenschaftlich a prime target for other countries like the Galdarik Empire, War was inevitable. Countless wars were fought as Leidenschaftlich was invaded again and again, but they're still standing. The continental war, the biggest and the most recent war that was like the name suggests, fought by the entirety of the continent. The sheer scale of the conflict was nothing like the continent had ever seen in which the northern countries was at war with the southern alliances. After years of death and destruction, the Galdarik Empire, the biggest and strongest nation from the north, was finally pushed back. With their allies also failing and most of the combatants tired of fighting, everyone is at their limits. The war is at a stalemate. The south needed a cutting blow to kick the Galdarik Empire out of the war. And so, Leidenschaftlich sent two armies to Galdarik occupied territory. One to liberate Intense, a strategic location that the Galdarik Army used as their central headquarters for military operations and one other army to go into Galdarik territory to attack enemy facilities that has strategic importance to their war efforts. The army sent to intense was an army lead by Colonel Claudia Hodgins and the army sent behind enemy lines was the Geist Battalion. Known for their important roles in many decisive battles, they spearheaded most of the major campaigns in the war. After Intense was liberated and their supply lines cut, the Galdarik Empire was forced to sue for peace, effectively ending the continental war. And that's where our story begins, in a train carrying hundreds of men, every each and one of them wants nothing but to go home. And today, their wish will finally come true. As the hours past by, they came closer to their destination, Leiden. (Y/N) (L/N), a Captain of the Leidenschaftlich Army was one of them. Today is the day he will have his life back.
________________________________________

((Y/N)'s POV)

I opened my eyes to see darkness. The ground was shaking as i could hear the roaring noises of the train engines. As i look to the left, i see my friends.. No, my brothers sleeping in the darkness. Besides the sound of the train, everything is silent. Even though today is supposed to be the happiest day for us, everyone is silent. No songs or cheers could be heard. Who could blame them, we all went through so much and we're all tired. I then turned my head to the right to see my friend Albert, who had been fighting alongside me since the very beginning. His hand was on my shoulder. Looks like he was the one who woke me up.

Me : "what is it Albert ?" I said as he turned his gaze towards the door.

Albert : "nothing, i just wanted to tell you that we're almost there" he said with a smile.

Me : "just a little bit longer, we're almost home"

Albert : "I can't believe we actually made it. Looks like he's right, we did survive the war" he said as he looked down. I could see the sadness in his face as i began to feel the same after a few memories flashed through my mind.

Me : "what are you going to do when we get there ?" I asked to change the subject.

Albert : "well, i'm going to my parent's house. I promised to come see them if I survived. What about you ? You've always talked about going back to your family"

Me : "me ? Well, my parents are gone but i still have some family back in Leiden"

Albert : "what are you going to do after that ?"