I Am The Storm (prt. 1)

I was to meet the Devil today. My fate sealed with my own bare hands to spare the world from Armageddon.

From birth, I was always told I would do great things; that I was special. It wasn't until I became older that I'd understand what it all meant. My soul was that of the highest Angel next to Christ. My destiny was set.

I studied the Mundane world carefully. I researched everything stretching from Religion and the Occult but soon fell in love with it all. I loved reading about the darker side of it all. Although, there was one thing I'd always be drawn back to; Lucifer and his fall from Heaven.
I knew what happened but I never bothered looking into it. Lucifer was God's right-hand man; just as I was always by God's side. I found myself sympathetic. It was difficult to hate him as I previously had. Yes, he did disobey the word of Christ. Yes, he despised mankind; God's "greatest" creation. I began to understand his reasoning and questioned the Lord myself.

However, Armageddon came soon and I had to step up. Question Him, I may, but to disobey? I couldn't. But, could I defeat Satan? I understood him. I wanted him to know someone does care and is willing to love him despite the Hell he created.
I did as Christ asked of me. Prevent Armageddon I did. It just wasn't the way God would have wanted me to...

I presented myself to Lucifer as an offering of peace between Heaven, Man, and Hell. It was the only way I could please all sides without causing an Unholy war. I only hoped to myself he would take me.

As he approached me I took in his features. He was truly breathtaking. His hair shined brighter than any Sun. His eyes gleamed a certain shade like that of the deepest Sea.
I came back from my trance and spoke.

"I come offering peace, Lucifer," I spoke with the utmost confidence. He stepped closer not taking his eyes from mine.

"God does not offer peace. Only war," Lucifer said calmly.

"True, that may be. However, I've decided amongst myself to please all sides of the spectrum with this offering," I assured.

He stood there as if thinking.

"What could you possibly offer me? A mere subordinate of Christ," he challenged.

"I'm sure you very well know who I am. I know you've kept watch over me since my birth. We both know what I'm willing to sacrifice," we were nearly toe-to-toe now.

"Why, may I ask? Why give up your entire being? Why betray your God? All for the sake of peace," he was clearly confused of my intent.

"After all these years you haven't figured it out. I know why you disobeyed Him. I know you despise Man," I provoked.

"What's your point, Y/N," he shouted.

"I understand," I yelled back, "I feel your anger. I feel your hurt. You were never given the love you needed and felt God took Man over you! In turn, He punished you."

"ENOUGH," he raised a hand as if to strike me.

"I do not fear you, Lucifer. Let me in. Let me give you the love you need," I placed a gentle touch upon his forearm but he drew it back.

"Do not touch me! You are a trickster! You lie," he screamed.

"Believe what you will but I only speak the truth," I shouted back.

He could sense the honesty in my words. He was scared of letting anyone in. His eyes softened yet he bit his lip in frustration. I tried to keep my gaze on his eyes but they wandered to his lips.

Lucifer approached me once again and took hold of my waist, "If you can prove your love and devotion to me I will bring peace upon Man."

In a matter of seconds we were in Hell. It wasn't exactly as I imagined. I took in my surroundings. We were in a room. It was decorated with red velvet walls and a bed covered in satin sheets.

"How do you want me to prove myself exactly," I asked meeting his stare.