Chapter Six

Sarah’s POV

“Sarah, you’d better come out and see this,” Fran said.

I cautiously opened the door and saw two extremely worried faces. And I saw why. My face was plastered over the tv.

“Today’s breaking news. One Direction, the band causing girls all over the world to scream when the name is mentioned, has been spotted in far north Queensland. Not due in Australia for another week, they were found on Green Island, off the coast of Cairns today enjoying the sun.

However, what is causing the biggest stir is the mystery girl spotted with them. Pictures on the screen now show her teaching Zayn Malik to swim, as well as laughing and spending time with the boys. We can confirm that she is a Cairns local who may have caught the attention of Liam Payne. We will keep you updated with any new information provided to us.”

My phone started ringing. I looked at the screen, but I didn’t recognise the number.

“Don’t answer it Sarah. Turn it off now,” Fran said. I turned it off.

“Can we go home?” I whispered.

“We’ll have to catch the four o’clock boat, the other boat just left.”

…………………………

Liam’s POV

We reached the Cairns boat terminal to see a large group of photographers and screaming girls lining the jetty.

“This ain’t good boys,” Harry said, pointing out the obvious. I sank lower in my seat as the other looked at me.

“Liam, this could be anything, I’m sure they don’t know about Sarah,” Louis said, attempting to be positive. But that was proved wrong when we tried to make our way through to the hotel.

Photographers and reporters yelled out to us.

“Liam can you tell us who this mystery girl is?”

“Liam, who is she?”

“Liam, are you romantically involved with this girl?”

The girls screamed and cried. A few tried to get our attention.

“Liam, I’m a local girl!”

“Hi Louis! Oh my god, hi Zayn, Liam, Harry!”

We reached the hotel as security blocked everyone behind us.

I ran up to the room ahead of the boys. My phone rang as the boys came in.

“Shit, it’s Simon guys,” I said. I answered.

“Liam? Liam? What the hell were you thinking getting involved with a local girl?” Simon practically yelled down the phone. It was so loud I decided to put him on speaker for the rest of the boys.

“Oh hi Simon, how are you? Oh I’m good thanks,” I said, being a smartarse.

“Simon, he didn’t do anything, we just ran into her!” Louis said. Niall and Harry both then tried to tell Simon the whole story.

“….but then she walked away anyway! She doesn’t want anything to do with him!” Louis interjected.

I looked at him, and he backtracked, “I mean, and she won’t say anything, she promised.”

“Look, I don’t care, but this needs to go away boys. Otherwise every set of eyes will be on this girl, and not the tour. Liam, give the channels an exclusive if you have to. If you’re not involved with her, then say so, it’s the truth anyway. I’ll organise it now.” He hung up.

Zayn looked at me, and I shrugged. I didn’t know what to do.

“Do you think he’d change his mind if he heard her sing?” Louis asked. I whipped around to look at him.

“She sings?” I asked. Louis just pressed play. We listened in silence.

“She’s good,” Harry piped up. Niall nodded in agreement.

“He won’t change his mind though.” I said.

“He will if she’s signed by somebody.” Niall said. I looked to him. “If we can get Simon to sign her, or someone here in Australia, then we can say she’s on tour with us.”

“Niall, she won’t come on tour with us, she doesn’t want anything to do with me, remember?” I said. “Look, we’ll leave tomorrow and I’ll just do an exclusive when we get to Sydney. I’ll say I’m not involved with her in anyway, the only thing she was doing was teaching Zayn to swim. Then the media will leave her alone.”

…………………………..