Chapter Seven

Sarah’s POV

I didn’t go to work the next day. Not after I woke up to reporters outside my apartment complex. Meg and Fran had stayed the night with me, but now they couldn’t leave.

“Look, I’m sure that if I don’t come out today they’ll leave for a while so you can leave.” I said to them that morning. But they didn’t leave all day.

It was reaching late afternoon when Fran ran into the room and turned on the tv.

“Hey! I thought we agreed no tv!” I said.

“Yeah, well, Liam is talking about you right now.”

“So Liam, exactly who this mystery girl?”

“Well, all I know is that her name is Sarah, and she offered to teach Zayn to swim after she noticed he wasn’t in the water with us.”

“Hmm, and are you at all in anyway involved with her? Are any of the boys involved with her?”

“No and no. She only taught Zayn to swim, that’s all.”

“And you didn’t know her before yesterday?”

“No, never knew her.”

“Liar,” I said. Meg shushed me.

“And she’s not on tour with One Direction?”

“No, why would she be on tour with us?”

My song started playing.

“How the hell did they get that?” Meg asked, “I didn’t even know you could sing!”

“Louis must have recorded it.”

“Well, she’s a good singer, but she’s not on tour with us, and I am not involved with her in anyway.”

“Well, you heard it from the man himself. Liam, I’m sure the girls of Sydney can’t wait for you to perform next week. Thank you for coming in.”

Meg turned off the tv. “Well?” she asked.

“Well what?” I said.

“Are you going to tell them the truth?”

“No, but I’m sure as hell getting them out of here.” I said. I went down the stairs and opened the gate. Reporters soon shoved microphones in my face.

“Sarah, we just saw Liam on the tv, have you anything to say?”

“Yes, we want the truth!”

“Yes, I have something to say.” I said. They all went quiet. “None of you really want the truth, from either of us. If you did, maybe you should have tried talking to us beforehand. You all want a story to sell, or a picture that will go to the highest bidder. What ever happened to privacy? To the freedom to spend time with someone you don’t know so you can get to know them? It makes me sick to think that you couldn’t let them have some time away from the flash of a camera or having a microphone shoved in their faces. So I hope you are all happy that you ruined their freedom over the past two days.”

I turned and walked back into the complex.

………………

Liam’s POV

“Yes, I have something to say. None of you really want the truth, from either of us. If you did, maybe you should have tried talking to us beforehand. You all want a story to sell, or a picture that will go to the highest bidder. What ever happened to privacy? To the freedom to spend time with someone you don’t know so you can get to know them? It makes me sick to think that you couldn’t let them have some time away from the flash of a camera or having a microphone shoved in their faces. So I hope you are all happy that you ruined their freedom over the past two days.”

Louis turned the tv off.

“Wow.” Niall said.

“She’s got guts.” Harry said.

“She’s honest,” I said to them, “but it’s over now. Let’s just leave it, ok?”

“Nuh uh, you just said that she was honest. Aren’t you going to do something in return for lying? Who cares what Simon says? If that girl is worth something to you, then he’ll respect that,” Louis said. Zayn nodded in agreement, and then his eyes lit up. He quickly left the room, and the rest of us were left confused.

…………………………..