Valentine's Day

Walking down the loud halls, I was being shoved by the shoulders of my fellow classmates. Looking around at everyone, bringing flowers, balloons, and enormous teddy bears for the love of their life, seeing all the love that can blossom in just one day, other than your birthday, Christmas, New Years, and any other holiday. My friends and I are all single and liked to spend this holiday eating ice cream and watching movies like comedy, horror, or even the sad romantics to convince ourselves that we have someone who loves us, other than each other of course.

Daydreaming of what we can do, the strength of someone pulling my backpack backward brought me back to reality. Crashing into a warm wall, a recognizable laugh filled my ears. Turning around I gently smacked his chest, as his warm arms wrapped around my tiny waist.

"You scared me to death" I stated.

"What are your plans for tonight?" he asked.

"Well, you know the same old, you?" I said pulling away.

"I plan on asking someone out during lunch" he smirked.

"How romantic. Do I know him?" I joked.

"Very funny," he spoke, "And you do."

"Can't wait," I said giving him a small wave as we left. During my classes, I couldn't help but think about this mystery girl Mark planned on asking out and winning her heart. He's a very creative and sweet guy, and I was positive that this girl couldn't say no to him. When lunch came around, I looked around hoping to find him, but he was nowhere in sight.

At the table, we were discussing the rest of our plans for tonight. I noticed my friends giving each other peculiar glances, but before I got a chance to ask, Mark's voice filled my ears. Turning around, I found him on a hill, singing a song, but not just any song, our song. Rage filled me, but as he was singing, he kept walking closer and closer to our table, soon the fury inside was misremembered.

Tears brimmed my eyes as his gaze never left mine, looking over to my friends I was shocked to find them with balloons, white roses with red tips, along with a box of chocolates. Feeling Mark's hand on top of mine, he raised me from my seat as my tears rolled down my cheeks. He brushed them away as he sang, allowing the song to feel like forever. That the world just froze for us alone.

"Will you Tatiana, give me the honor of going on a date with me tonight?" he asked when the song concluded.

"Of course!" I squealed jumping into his arms, he chuckled wrapping his arms around me. Pulling me away, he gently tilted my head up, placing his soft lips against mine.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that. I've always loved you," he whispered between my lips.

"And I love you too," I responded, connecting our lips anew, "Thank you."