three and a half

[a memory; middle school.]

sooyun and taehyung arrived to school early, preparing for a big moment.

a confession from taehyung to his crush, eunkyung.

"i'm not sure if i'm ready, soo-soo..." taehyung said.

"tae-tae, you'll be fine. everything's gonna be fine, don't worry!" sooyun kept a smile to her face.

"but what if she rejects it? i'll be so embarrassed," taehyung covered his face with his hands.

"so, what? there's other girls, tae-tae. if she doesn't like you back, then you can always stay as friends and find someone else!" sooyun brought her head high.

"hm, fine...oh my god, soo-soo! she's coming, aiy!" taehyung started to tremble from nervousness.

"it's okay! i'll be right here with you," sooyun patted him on the shoulder.

"no. soo-soo, i want you to stand far away from me, i have to do this myself. you understand, don't you?" taehyung looked at her with wide eyes.

"fine, tae-tae, but promise me, you're not gonna cry?"

"soo-soo. i'm eleven years, i can handle it," taehyung rolled his eyes. sooyun walks far away from him, but not too far in order to see what happens.

as eunkyung came closer to the area where taehyung was standing at, he approached her and said,

"h-hello, eunkyung! beautiful morning, isn't it?" he scratched the back of his head, a bit flustered and awkward, realizing how formal that sounded.

"oh, yeah, taehyung. you're right," she looked around her surroundings, noticing the patches of grass on the ground and the clouds in the sky.

"you know, um, what's also beautiful, eunkyung?" taehyung asked and looked at her with admiration.

"oh? what, taehyung--ah! oh my goodness, it's bonhwa!" eunkyung drives her attention away from taehyung and towards bonhwa, who walked closer to them.

"hey, eunkyung," he greeted, trying to achieve a cool and low voice.

"heyyyy, bonhwa," she stared directly at his eyes.

"i've been wanting to tell you something, eunkyung. since the beginning of the year, you've been so kind and you're really pretty. i think i have a crush on you. do you like me back?" he confessed to her right on the spot.

"oh! bonhwa, yes, i like you as well," she blushed. they both smiled at each other and held hands.

 sooyun had saw what happened, so she sprinted towards them.

"ah, sorry, taehyung! what were you saying? what else was beautiful?" eunkyung stared at him curiously.

taehyung couldn't believe what just happened right in front of him.

"um, i-"

"me, he was talking about me. since we're dating," sooyun interrupted him, grabbing and intertwining taehyung's hand.

"oh, dating? wow, i think you're the first couple to date in our class," eunkyung was impressed.

"yep, and we'll be off now, thank you, eunkyung. thank you, bonhwa." sooyun bowed and walked away, dragging tae with her. after being far away from them, tae stopped to ask,

"soo-soo! why did you tell them we're dating when we're really not?" tae demanded in frustration.

"because i knew you were heartbroken and i didn't want you to feel embarrassed, so i thought saying we were dating would take your mind off of it or something like that. sorry, i should've asked if it was okay with you...but it's fine, she'll probably forget about it in a few hours," sooyun reassured him.

"i didn't need help, though. i was doing fine, soo-soo. just...fine..." taehyung held his breath, trying to hold in the tears. sooyun pulled him in for a hug and his tears started to roll down on his cheeks right away.

"oh, tae-tae. you've been always so sensitive," sooyun rubbed his back, trying to comfort him.

"be quiet," he buried his face into her shirt.

"ah, tae-tae, you're getting tears on me!" she pointed out, but didn't pull away.

"i know," he sniffled.

more and more kids started to come in the school yard, seeing what taehyung and sooyun were doing. however, both of them didn't care; they always made sure to support each other whenever one needed it.

they continued to hug until taehyung felt comfortable again, and they continued on with their day.

a/n

here's another cute chapter of tae and soo! i hope u guys like it :) 

lmk opinions, k byebyee