Chapter Three

Turns out just being under the rain was a bad idea because; at the moment we arrived in the house I begun sneezing and stuffy nose. Now you think, stuffy nose are normal and so does sneezing—but for me, not a chance. Did I even mention why I transferred here in California? It was because I always got cold when I am in New York because despite that rad city, it got a shitty weather. So yeah, 11:30 in the evening I cannot sleep because my nose is stuffy. Ahh, I would trade anything in the world right now just to breath again through my nose.

I decided to maybe make some tea to keep myself warm and it might just help me get to sleep. So I slipped in my fuzzy slippers and walked out of my room slightly regretting the part where I forgot to wear my robe since I have a cold and walking around in the house only in my tank top and pajamas shorts. I tried my best not to make some noise so I cannot alarm Tin as if someone is breaking in. I opened the shelves slowly as it makes a creaking sound as I scrunch my noise silently cursing myself. Once I’ve accomplish the mission, I just got a tea bag from the tea jar I’ve been putting up too and got warm water from the dispenser.

I sat on the top of the kitchen counter, only the light of the refrigerator illuminate the room. The stuffiness of my nose begun reducing but my stomach start growling. Damnmit. Now I need to cook—or just simply find some food in the fridge. I placed the cup in the sink, silently, as I check the fridge and pressed that switch thingy that turns the light off, just quickly, so the fridge wont make thing annoying beeping. I opened the drawers of the fridge but only found Oatmeal Cookies since I am not in a mood to eat sweets—especially it’s night time and it would just make me hyper. Now, this is just a warning but you don’t want to see a hyper me. I might just to weird things like wake the house up by dancing around in Beyoncé songs as I cry about how there’s not heart shape pizza.

I grab the flash light that was just lying by the island bar and shone the light on the top drawers and found a soup can. I read the instructions but clearly cannot understand what it says to preheat in this something Celsius and other chef language. I sat on the stool as I ponder more on how you can actually cook this soup. 2 minutes later, after the 3rd growl of my tummy, I gave up since I cannot even open the goddamn can now how do you expect me to know how to cook that goddamn soup—I cannot actually wake Kristin up since she has been working all day long but... I can really wake someone up who’s just been douching in the city all day.

I tiptoed up to the stairs until I reached the certain room just 2 doors down from mine and twist open the door—I cannot believe that this kid gets to sleep with a door not lock! Does he even know how many attempts of robbery we have experience? But those were just attempts since our guard would actually caught those bastards. So I tiptoed, avoiding the books of this bookworm which was on his floor, clearly having a research on how to be not a bookworm. Jesus, what is wrong with me? I reached the spot, just close enough to his bed and saw him, lying on his chest as he hugs a pillow snoring quietly.

He sleeps shirtless? I slowly extended my arms, want to poke him to wake him up but just let an ear piercing shriek when he grabbed my arm, pulling me into him and he quickly got on top of me, strangling me in his bed.

“I SWEAR I AM NOT SOME SPARKLY VAMPIRE WATCHING YOU SLEEP!” I shouted out of panic as Greg looked at me out of shock still pinning my hands above my head.

“Gin, what the hell are you doing here?” He said, his voice still deep and musky while his face inches away from me.

“I just want you to cook me soup.” I said, in a terrified voice on how flexible Greg was. I mean, HE WAS FREAKING ASLEEP AND MY HAND BARELY TOUCHED HIM WHEN HE MADE A GRAB AND PINNED ME UNDER HIM IN HIS BED. WHO IS THIS KID.

“What?” He asked and I just shook beneath him.

“Do you mind releasing me?” I said, getting uncomfortable from our position.

“I said, if you don’t mind, could you cook me a soup?” I said, sitting up in his bed when he got off of me.

“Are you serious?” He exclaimed, voice lacing in disbelief.

“You woke me up in the middle of the night just to cook you soup?” He said as I nodded shamefully.

“You don’t want me to die, right?” I asked as he just rubs his face with his hands.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered.

“But do you know how to cook?” I added, making him crack up.

“Jesus, don’t tell me you don’t know how to cook.” He said but I sheepishly smiled and  nodded as I praise the Lord because the room was dark enough for him not see my cheeks flaming from embarrassment.

“C’mon Greg. Just make me soup. I am really sick and hungry.” I said hugging his pillow.

“See, I told you earlier to not stay under the rain but—

“I get it I was stubborn but please,” I took a deep breath, “make me mah soup.” I said in a manly boys since I am really starving I’m getting weird ideas to do now like clean my room or skate in the neighborhood.

“Okay.” He said and got out of his bed, only in his boxers and walked out, leaving me gaping. Jesus Christ, I know I’ve mentioned your name for so many times this night but IS HE GOING TO COOK HALF NAKED?!

“Are you coming or not?” He shouted as I scrambled my way out of his bed and walked to the kitchen where the lights was now on.

“Wait, what are you doing with that?” I asked him when he got this weird scissors like but it wasn’t.

“What do you expect me to do with a can opener?” He said as he looked at me weirdly and in just seconds the can opened with a clean cut on top of it.

“So that’s a can opener...” I whispered. DON’T JUDGE ME. I DO NOT COOK SINCE I’M ALWAYS ON MY GAME.

“So what are you now going to do?” I asked him as I sat on the counter top beside the stove so I can watch him to the cooking stuffs.

“Preheat it obviously.” He said as he scooped the substance out of the can.

“I thought you’ll cook it.” I said leaning in watching him as he just stir it in the pan under heat.

“It’s already cook so you’ll just warm it up.” He said, rolling his eyes and yawning.

“Really? That’s like 1+1—why did I even wake you up? I can obviously do this with my eyes close.” I said and jumping off the counter.

“Can I stir?” I said and he passed the wooden spoon to me as I smiled and stir the soup.

“What food could you actually cook?” He asked, wiping the counter top where he open the can and dispose the empty can now.

“Uh, I think microwave nachos?” I said unsure what to call the Doritos I microwave and melting cheese with it.

“Are you serious?” He said looking at me oddly.

“I thought all girls cook?”

“Well I think I’m not like all of the girls then.” I replied as he just looked me in the eye and that kept us quiet for a while until he moved and got a bowl from the top drawer.

“That’s enough.” He said switching the stove off and mixing black pepper before pouring into two bowls.

“Thanks.” I said when he handed me my bowl.

“Do you want me to join you?” He said, stirring his hot bowl as I shook my head.

“I’ll eat in my room. Thanks again.” I said and walked away, holding the hot bowl.