Orientation I

Their second year began as basic as any other year. The first-years roamed the school, finding the nooks and crannies that can help them in humorous situations. The third-years took pride in their school, as they were nearing the end of their high school career. The magicians, new or returning, were practicing for the next Magical Festival which happened every winter.

Max sat down in his homeroom class, and was unsurprisingly seated next to Rosa.

"Hey Max!"

"Sitting together again, huh, Tulip?"

It was coincidental yet casual that they were seated next to each other, as they were last year as well. Max knew he could joke around with Rosa, calling her Tulip and other flowers unaffiliated with roses.

"The new first-years really seem to be getting the hang of the school already. And to think, we had a tough time adjusting to the new magic rules and systems."

Max sat back, not paying attention to the teacher in front of the classroom, beginning his speech of how "this year will be a great one".

"Are you coming to watch the new students joining the program?" Rosa turned to Max, putting on a smile that could rival angels.

"Of course. After all, I'm overseeing the operation." Max was in charge of making sure the Activators the new tryouts had were top of the line, high quality devices.

"Try not to be removed from it again, okay? We all missed you."

"Yeah, yeah." Then class resumed as usual.

Later, during seventh period, the new students began to line up. Tryouts had begun.

"Listen up!" Max shouted to the people. "My name's Max, and I'll be overseeing your Activator training today. I'd like to lay down some ground rules..."

"Hey, Rose." She turned, seeing Nano staring at Max.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think I could speak to some of the newbies before tryouts begin?"

"Sure, why not?" Thea had begin pondering why he would ask that. He kept his eyes on two girls, both standing side by side.

"... So no goofing around! Got it?" The students all answered Max accordingly. He paused, noticing the people around him.

"... I notice there's someone who would like to speak to some of you. Nano, come here. " He took him by surprise, and unwillingly, Rosa pushed Nano up to bat.

"... I'd uh, just like to say... It's nice to know there are new people with alot of potential. You're all..." He began to focus his eyes on the two girls in front of him.

"Nano?" Zeri asked.

"Let's be best friends!" Lorina exclaimed.

"Seems like we have a harem going on." Max chuckled, then nonchalantly dodged a knife aimed at him from Nano.

"Now, everyone get to work!"