13. The Demand

Kazuichi made sure to arrive early, hoping that Gundham would be acting as usual, arriving early where he could catch him alone, and explain the truth he had finally realized. He had planned what he would say in the safe privacy of the classroom. He understood what telling him could do, but Souda decided that it was worth it, he needed to get this all cleared up. Once he had talked everything through with Gundham, he would explain his true feelings to Miss Sonia, with profuse apologies.

       However, Gundham did not arrive early, as he had been for the majority of the week. This ignited a flame of anxiety under Kazuichi, it was like the first sign that something was as it shouldn't be. As if Gundham rushing away from the scene of the crime wasn't a big enough give away.

       Kazuichi considered going on a hunt for Gundham, desperate to catch him alone, but he decided Hope's Peak was too big, and he had no idea where he would ever find Gundham in such a place, so he took his seat by the window, kicked back, crossed his arms, and waited.

        Slowly, his classmates began to file in, in dribs and drabs, sparing only a glance or two his way. As time went on, Gundham still had no arrived to class.

       "Where's lover boy?" Fuyuhiko asked, approaching Kazuichi's desk, leaning against it while Peko stood beside him.

       "I don't know..." Kazuichi grumbled, shuffling further down in his seat guiltily, and Peko and Fuyuhiko shared a concerned look.

     "Did something happen?" Peko asked, blinking her red eyes at him knowingly, and Kazuichi was mentally groaning louder than thunder.

      "S-Sonia kissed me and Gundham saw.." Kazuichi replied quietly, instantly burying his head in his hand at the mere memory. Sonia had not entered the class yet, along with a handful of others.

       "Oh... Shit..." Fuyuhiko tilted his head, clearly understanding that this caused some kind of problem, but not really understanding what it was. "But... Didn't you like Sonia anyway?"

      Kazuichi didn't reply, he wasn't sure he was ready to let everyone know exactly what was going on in his mind, thought he knew it wouldn't be long before it was all exposed.

      "I think this is a case of mistaken affections, young master," Peko gave a soft chuckle and small nod, and Kazuichi felt his face flushing red. She knew... Oh boy...

     "Huh...?" Fuyuhiko still looked blank, and this continued for almost half a minute before his eyes went wide and round. "Oh...? OH...! Oh.... Okay.... You do you, man.."

      Fuyuhiko gave Kazuichi an awkward pat on the shoulder and nod, which probably should've been supportive, and he turned, heading back to his own desk with a red face, and Peko sent him a small smile before following too. Kazuichi thought on the reaction, and decided that it could've gone much worse, so he'd take that.

     A few minutes passed by before two more people approached him.

      "Kazuichi~!" A sickly, childish voice called, and his cheeks was pinched harshly.

     "O-Ouch, Hiyoko..!" He exclaimed, and swatted at her hand, and she quickly let go, snickering behind her hand.

      "Today is the last day of the bet, so where's lover boy?~" She sung, Mahiru stood calmly next to her.

      "Why does everyone want to know that today...?" He grumbled, glowering at the table, and his bad luck that Gundham had decided today was not a good day to be early.