eighteen

I let my legs carry me towards Kade, and before I knew it my hand made contact with his cheek and I was punching his chest. None of it was effecting him; he just kept his head down.

"You," punch, "asshole!" punch, "You just-" punch, "left me!" punch. Strong, firm arms wrapped around my body and tugged me away from Kade. His hazel eyes held pain and guilt as he looked back at me.

"Piper, stop!" Alex tried to keep me from wiggling in his hold.

"I hate you!" I yelled, still trying to take my anger out.

"I know," Kade mumbled, his dark hair falling in his face.

"I thought you were hurt! Everything went to shit after you left!" My voice was breaking, and I stopped struggling to escape from Alex's hold.

"You know why I had to leave.."

"Shut up!"

"Piper just let me explain-"

"Shut up!"

"Piper, let's leave." Alex tried to intervene.

"Alex, please let me go." I whispered.

"Only if you promise not to make a scene," he answered back quietly. My head quickly bobbed up and down, and Alex released me. I slowly walked towards Kade, keeping my hands folded behind my back just in case I felt the urge to swing at him.

"I know why you left. But how could you leave me? Your little sister? I supported you when nobody else did. I looked up to you. And then you just leave without even saying if you were okay? Without saying goodbye?"

"They hated me after I came out to them. I had to leave." Kade responded, gazing down at me with a sad look. "And now you hate me too."

"Kade-"

"I should get going." He shoved his hands into the pockets of his windbreaker, and took a few steps back. I grabbed his arm.

"Don't disappear." I said, looking down. He sighed before pulling me into a hug. It'd been years since my brother had hugged me, and I could feel a hole in my heart be refilled.

"I won't. Not again." After we broke apart we exchanged phone numbers, and parted ways once more. I turned towards my new friends, a huge smile on my face. I ran up to Alex and jumped into his arms, wrapping my own tightly around his neck. His green eyes widened at my sudden action, and he stood still for a couple of seconds after we broke apart and I grabbed things for Ebony.

"Piper, you're fucking bipolar," Alex mumbled as he covered his face with his hands.

"No!! You have to do that again! I didn't get it on camera!"

:AN:
kade is an oc i've created and added into this book (like piper and gigi) he's not a real person.