Five: Show Time

London ✌️

I had a bunch of fun last night, too many good memories to explain!

Today is the day that nothing will be the same, the day that America recognizes me and my girl's talent. I sent in our video of us that was filmed yesterday at the party. This morning the first thing I saw was an email from SSS saying the we had been chosen to be on the show. Talk about luck! I was so fucking excited!

I ran all around the house screaming to my family "Guess who's gonna audition for SSS?!" Mom and Dennis looked at me in confusion as they sat at the dinner table. But when they realized what I had said they started to smile. "Yeah that's right, I AM!" I exclaimed. They all shot up in excitement and we all celebrated with my mother's famous chocolate cake. Who says you can't have cake for breakfast?

After the little party, I called up my girls and told them the news. They. Went. Ballistic. When the screaming died down we all decided that Dennis was gonna pick them up after they talked to their parents; except Karter. She was gonna get dropped off at my house. SSS was in Atlanta, GA and started tomorrow. If we wanted to arrive on time we had to get on the road ASAP.

I sat on my bed with my two suitcases to my left and Dennis on my right. I was finished packing and waiting for Karter, Dennis had came in and wanted to talk with me. "Are you scared, like nervous?" He asked, sipping some of his orange juice out of his cup.

"Nahhh, I'm more excited than anything!" I said dancing, Dennis chuckled. "I'm just ready to show everybody what we're capable of, ya know? We finna win that money I know it!" I said in excitement.

Dennis shook his head in amusement and placed his cup on my night stand. He scooted over next to me and I rested my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder."Well, just know I'm proud of you. So is pops and mom dukes too, they can't wait to see you on television. Especially mom, she gon be bragging about you to her co-workers." He said making me laugh.

I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Thanks bro."

He gave me a side hug and smiled. "No problem, lil sis." The door bell rang cutting me and my brother's family love session short.

Dennis got up and stretched his back. "I got it." He said, I just nodded my head. "Karter's here." I heard him yell a few seconds later. I then heard footsteps running up the stairs and stopping in front of my bedroom door.

"Baeeeeeeee!" Karter shouted.

"Boooooo!" Before I had time to get up, Karter ran over to me and jumped on me making us both fly backwards onto my bed. We started laughing and she got off of me. "So, you ready?" I asked still laughing a little.

Karter nodded out of breath. "Hells yeah!" I gave Karter a high five. Looking around my now empty room, I didn't see any luggage.

"You didn't bring a suitcase?"

Karter looked at me confused and then her face turned into realization. "I did," She said. "Dennis was just kind enough to put my luggage in his trunk. How come ya brother and parents are so nice but you aren't? Did the kindness gene skip you or something?"

I scoffed and Karter laughed. "Bitch, swerve!"

She laughed a little, "Come on, your brother told me not to take too long!" She said pulling me and my two suitcases out the door. I rolled my suitcase in the drive way to the truck , loading my stuff in. As Karter got in the truck, Dennis and I ran upstairs to say goodbye to my parents.

"Bye Mom dukes!" We said in unison.

"Tell Dad I love him!" I said. Dad is always busy at work, he wasn't here. Mom ran out the room and engulfed me in a heartwarming hug. "Bye, I love you London." She leaned back and kissed my forehead. "No need to say good luck because I know you're gonna kill it!"