Prologue

At six years old, Chloey knew how bad life could be. The orphanage she was in marked all the girls with numbers of favorite to least favorite. Once made, those numbers wouldn't change until someone got adopted. Numbers 1-5 usually got what they wanted, doted on and spoiled.

The head of the Girls Orphange was called Ms. Chasity. Ms. Chasity was hoping her girls would get adopted, and every couple of months someone did. Numbers 1-5 got adopted as they were clean and appeared to be the best.

Chloey was a year old when she got dropped off at the orphanage. As a baby, she was a real crier and would scream every second. At first, Ms. Chasity and her helpers would try to calm the baby, giving her food and naps and baths and anything they thought the baby needed. Nothing worked and they soon got tired of the screaming and crying.

At two years old, every time little Chloey even made a noise she would get swatted on the arm. By five, Chloey was 29, the bottom of the numbers, and never spoke a word.

When Chloey was nine she had learned to hate cleaning as any child would. She had gotten used to not eating enough as the orphange got barely any money.

When Chloey was ten, things started to look up. Something happened that changed her life...