Chapter One

Chloey woke up that morning to someone pounding on her door. Sliding out of bed, she hurried over and twisted the knob before any of the other girls she was sharing a room with would wake up.

Ms. Chasity barged in the room, pushing Chloey to the side. She clapped loudly to wake up all the girls before loudly asking, "Ok, who is Chloey?"

Chloey slowly raised her hand, wondering why her name was being called. When Ms. Chasity looked at her, she rolled her eyes in disgust before grabbing her wrist and pulling her out of the room, slamming the door shut behind her. 

"I don't know why anyone would want you 29. To be honest, I don't know why anyone would want any of you girls in this orphanage. Spoiled, you lot are. How do they know you even? And who would want you? That's what I would like to know."

Chloey shrugged her shoulders to Ms. Chasity's never ending voice, wincing as her nails dug deep into her wrist.

"Well, I mean, it's all good for me. One more is gone. I don't know why I even took this job in the first place!" She snarled.

Chloey also wondered that. Why would someone take a job where everything they do they hate? Stumbling down the last set of stairs, Chloey got yanked into the front room and saw a man and a woman standing there.

"Here she is, feel free to just take her. It's easier if I just throw her papers away rather than having to go through all the work. Pretend she never existed, you know?" Ms. Chasity said, shoving Chloey towards them before walking quickly to the other room.

"Just so you know, you can't give her back. Just drop her off in the streets or something if you get tired of her. I don't care, she's your problem now!" Ms. Chasity called out before slamming the door connecting the rooms.

The two people looked at Chloey while she looked at them. She knew she was probably getting adopted, but why? Why was it her, it should've been one of the five.

"Muggles are inconcevable, aren't they?" The man questioned before the woman nodded her head in agreement.

"Well Chloey." The man forced a smile. "We are going to look after you now. Let's get going shall we? We can talk once we get home." Holding his hand out, Chloey walked carefully to him and he grabbed her hand.

Chloey heard a loud crack before she tumbled and twisted through the air, wondering what on earth was going on. Suddenly stopping, Chloey felt as if she needed to puke and tried to gain her balance. Looking up, she realized they were in a whole different place, no longer in the orphanage but outside of a mansion.

The man put his hand on Chloey's shoulder before nudging her in through the doors, the woman following behind them.

"Chloey, welcome to the Malfoy Manor." The man said, clearly expecting her to be impressed.

"Lucius, would you go check on Draco and bring him down here in five minutes while I talk to Chloey?" The woman asked. He looked patronizingly at her for a minute before he went out of the front room.

The woman gave a her a small smile before sitting down on a couch. "Come sit. So, Chloey, your mother dropped you off at the orphanage when you were barely a year old. We've been looking for you for over eight years, but we couldn't find you. But now we have and there's so much to explain."

"Can you tell me who you are?" Chloey whispered, having not spoken a word for over a month so her throat was a little dry.

"Yes. I am Narcissa, and that was my husband, Lucius Malfoy. We-" she stopped talking as the man walked back in followed by a boy.

"Chloey, this is Draco. You can go in that room to talk and get to know each other. I'll call you in here when we're ready." Lucius said before looking at Draco expectantly.

Draco walked out of the room, soon followed by Chloey. "Well, I'm Draco." The boy said.

"I know that. Didn't your father just tell me that?" Chloey whispered, before dropping her eyes to the floor.

"Well...yeah." Draco said, not expecting her to say that. "How old are you? I'm ten, almost eleven."

"I'm ten too." Chloey said, feeling a little bored at the pointless conversation.

"Well, my birthday is on June the fifth. When's yours?"

"I don't know."

"What? How do you not know your birthday?"

"No one ever told me it."

"So?"

"Would you know when your birthday was if nobody had told you it was June fifth?"

"Well, um, how do you know how old you are then?"

"Well, I guess I don't really know but if I'm not ten then I'm probably eleven."

"You can't be eleven!"

"Oh? And why not?"

"Because then your letter would've come and-"

"I hope you aren't arguing." Lucius Malfoy said in a tone that meant you better not be.

Chloey and Draco jumped, not noticing him there, before Draco bowed his head and looked at his shoes. "We weren't."

"Good. Now come back in here. There's something important you need to know, Chloey."

Walking back in, they stood for a minute in silence.

"Chloey, you're a witch. Narcissa is one too, and Draco and I are wizards. Sometime this month you are going to get your letter to Hogwarts and then we'll get your supplies at the end of July. You will stay with us until school starts, and you and Draco will come back for Christmas Break. After that you will stay at Hogwarts until Summer break, and you will come back here. Any questions?" Lucius asked.

"How do you know I'm a witch and not some random person you picked up?"

"Don't worry. Soon you'll know."

"Come with me Chloey and I'll show you your room."

"Ok."

|_|-|_|-|_|-|_|-|_|-|

Hope you guys are enjoying this! If you have any suggestions we are happy to hear them! Comment and vote!