Chapter 7

I had three days left until the meeting, I was officially screwed but of course all hope was not to be lost. I had made no progress with Danielle and getting her to notice me, but, never mind I didn't have time, I was screwed.

I trudged through the hallways until I found my destination, home room.

"Hi-ya!" I heard Zoe say, too perkily, if you ask me.

"Hey." I replied yawning at the end.

"Come on wake up!" This girl was always too happy.

"Shut up."

"Hey, you don't have to be a bitch because you didn't get enough sleep last night."

"Oi!" I replied smacking her on the head to knock some sense into her blonde head. And no, she wasn't dumb because she had blonde hair.

<~>

"So we have Math, History, and English for homework?"

"Yes." We went to a fairly small school so Zoe and I had most of the same classes.

"Study after school?"

"Why not." I replied, lost in thought.

"Yay!" Way to perky.

I looked over at Zoe. She was looking at her math book like it was a stain on her favorite floral skirt. Her already fairly dark blue eyes looked purplish, black.

"Zoe?" I said snapping my fingers in front of her face to get her attention.

"Yes?" She replied looking up, dazed.

"Staring at your math book won't make it disappear."

"I know, but you know it's my least favorite subject."

"And it's mine too, but we still have to work on it."

"Fine." She said in a huff. I looked over at the clock 4:37, it was getting late, but luckily I had remember to text both dads to tell them I was at the library with Zoe. After a couple of minutes I interrupted the silence.

"Zo, have you ever heard of Danielle Peazer?"

"Yeah, she used to date your dad, Liam." She replied, without looking up from her homework.

"Yes, she did and Mrs. Stonewall wants to meet them."

"Huh?" She replied, looking up from her homework.

"You know how I've been slacking off in English. Well, she needs to meet with my parents-"

"So."

"So, let me finish. I don't want her to know I have two dads, so I told her my mum's name was Danielle." I whispered the last part.

"Why? If I has two dad's or two mum's I would embrace it."

"Easy for you to say, you have a normal family."

"Yes, because a divorce and a new step mum is normal." She replied her face going stone hard and her eyes going back to the dark, scary color.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to ya'know-" I squeaked out, she held up her hand to end my babbling.

"It's fine, but back to your situation."

"Well, yeah, but the thing is, I don't know how to get Danielle to come."

"Here's an idea, you have both your dads meet Mrs. Stonewall." She replied, saying it like I hadn't thought of it before.

"I can't. Well, it's getting late I better get going." I said whilst picking up my books and book bag.

"Yeah, you're right, on the last part."

"Anyways I kind of haven't told my parents yet."

"You're screwed." She said, looking up at me.

"Well, aren't you just a little ray of sunshine!" I replied sarcastically.

"Just sayin'." She said jokingly. We laughed the rest of the way out of the library earning a couple of glares from people there.

-:-:-

A/N- Longish chapter!! I'm so proud of myself. You get to see more of her best friend Zoe :)

Sarah, XO