Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning tired because I had barely gotten any sleep. I had woken up in the middle of the night thinking about how it was only six days until Thursday. I was tentative to go down stairs in case dad was still mad, but I had to eat, so I went downstairs.

"It's not her fault Li." I heard papa say. "She's just curious, she doesn't know how badly it ended."

"I know, it's just I haven't had contact with Danielle for over seventeen years." Dad replied. Seventeen years? They had adopted me sixteen years ago, what had happened the first year? I decided to end the conservation and walk in.

"Oh, hello Maddison." Both dads chorused at their places at the island. They were good actors, if I hadn't heard their conversation I probably wouldn't have known anything, except for that papa had his arm around dad, and dad was leaning into him.

"Hi, dad's." I answered, smiling at them.

I coughed when I went to grab a bagel. I coughed when I went to grab the butter. I sneezed when I went to grab the milk. My head kind of hurt too.

"Madison, are you feeling ok?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied, so that they wouldn't worry, anyways it was probably just a small thing, I hadn't felt bad yesterday. Well I had, had a runny nose for a little bit, but that was nothing.

"I'm going to take your temperature, okay?" Dad asked again.

"Ok fine." I replied sneezing at the end.

Dad handed me the thermometer and I placed it under my tongue.

"102! Madison you are staying home from school today!" Dad exclaimed. I trudged up to my room and plopped onto my bed. Well, this couldn't be too bad.

-:-:-

A/N- Next chapter is going to be way better, promise! Pinky promise. Well thanks for reading this book <3

Sarah, XO