1

Evelyn Cole

"Wake up Evie!" I hear Will yell and I groan.

I am an orphan, just like Will, and a black smith, just like Will. He is like a brother to me and we know each other, far too well, if I can say so. And oh, I never knew my parents, I just came here after I got abandoned in a little boat in the middle of the sea, in the middle of no-where.

"Seriously Evie, get up! We have work to do!" He yells.

"Fine mother!" I yell back and he laughs.

And did I forget to mention that I really hate pirates, not just because of what happened to Will, but because they didn't even care about if I'd die or not, when they sailed away, left me on the little boat, and I was 5! No pirates didn't even stop to save me, no, I got pushed by the wind and waves to Port Royal.

I get up from the bed and walk over to my little dresser, I pick out a shirt and pants, I get dressed and walk out to Will.

"Hi! Finally, guess what, we got invited to see Norrington, become Commodore Norrington, ah, how exciting!" He says and I laugh along with him.

"Alright, but hell no I'm wearing a dress!" I say and he laughs at me instead.

"Alright!" He says and stops laughing. "We should get going, it starts soon"

"You go, I need to do something" I say.

Tho I hate pirates and all that, I love the sea, it's comforting and calm. I always go look at it, before I need to do something I might not enjoy, if I have the chance I mean. Sometimes, you don't get the chance to do what you want, before you do something, you don't want.

I walk over to the edge, and look out at the sea. I quickly glance at the docks, and see the two red coated guards, arguing while another man slips past them, onto one of the ships.

Not a man, a pirate.

I run down to the docks and just as I am about to yell something at the guards, a loud splash is heard and an air wave almost tripps me over.

"ELIZABETH!!" Commodore Norrington shouts from the top of the cliff, a level higher than where I just was.

"Well aren't you lads gonna save her?" The pirate asks and I looked at the guards.

"I can't swim" one of them says and the other one just looks down at his feet.

"Pride of the King's Navy you are" he says and starts to take of his effects saying;

"Do not loose these"

"Ugh, men" I say and jump into the water after Elizabeth.

I open my eyes and see her sinking down, I swim fast over to her and try to pull her up. I can't get up for more than a few seconds when she already sinks again.

I hear a flush, and the pirate from the docks swims over to us, he opens Elizabeth's dress and let's it sink. He swims away dragging her with him.

I sigh in relief and am about to swim after them, when I realize that the dress has got tangled around my boot. I try to kick it away, still sinking and my breath running out, but it doesn't move. I start feeling dizzy and my sight goes blurry. I try to push myself up towards the surface once more before I black out.

Jack Sparrow

I hop into the water after the lass, I see her struggling with getting the other lass, apparently Elizabeth if I heard the name correctly, to the surface. I immediately know that it's the dress that weighs them down.