Chapter 8 Special Place

A few days have passed since we got out of the hospital, me and Matty have been juggling schoolwork and getting extra credits for the lost time, good thing our teachers were understanding.

Really.

It's been slow and steady ever since we got together, just a few make out sessions here and there, hugging, cuddling in beds, just the usual, and now the feeling is more intoxicating than ever, it's like a drug, it's so addictive and hard to resist.

El and Jess kept bugging us though, but we didn't mind, or at least that's what I thought, well, I think it doesn't bother Matty that much if they were to know that we're together now right? Although, Nate still seemed pretty distant since we came back, I wonder what's bothering him.

The three visited us when we were at the hospital though, but we were still in a coma when they came-as my mom says.

Now the girls are just keen on getting information out of us ever since we got back, I told Matty if he wanted to tell them about us, then he could do so, but he said he prefers it if he says it with me there.

"Nate!" I saw him going in our geometry class that we have together but ignores me. This is it, better late than never.

I got in and took a seat beside him.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, he seemed to be in his own world, he was just staring at the blank wall with a blank expression on his face, I've seen this before, why couldn't have I seen it sooner.

My mind traveled back when I first saw him like this, the signs were all there just like now. It was when we were freshmen, November was ending, the cold air is starting to takeover our everyday lives as Christmas is right around the corner.

Jess was getting out of her mom's car-her usual ride to school, and Nate and El were getting off also at the school parking lot from Nate's dad's car, I just also got off from the car dad bought me which Jarvis drives for me until I get my driver's license, but I didn't mind it. It's somehow cliché to me that we all got to school at the same time, and saw each other at the same time as well.

The expression on Nate's face was like he's had the worst day ever, maybe even more. He just come off from a weird disease which included a lot of tests and needed of some blood to replace some of his. He turned out okay after the treatment though, so I was relieved that he came to school today.

I confronted him that afternoon for he was pretty distant from the three of us since this morning, even El doesn't know what's wrong, she just knows that Nate's dad was angry when he came out of Nate's house then drove them off here.

I bugged Nate to the point that he would almost pound my face from irritation, annoyance and anger. But the truth that he told me hurt him more inside than I would've actually thought.

His parents were having a divorce, apparently his parents had a huge fight about Nate coming from a different father. He brutally punched the gym lockers when we were finally alone there after school.

Then after he let out all of the suppressed anger or sorrow he started to go back to his old self, little by little. And that only happened for like a day since he came back, at least he let out all of his anger at the same day.

Now I'm worried, he's been like this for days, weeks even, he hasn't even let out the suppressed anger or sorrow yet like the first time he did, this must be something pretty horrible, or maybe I'm just overreacting again. I just gave up since I'm not getting anything out of him now, especially now that our teacher was just getting in our room.

After geometry I quickly attacked Nate or rather grabbed his arm and yanked him to the back of the gym. "Hey, come on man, tell me what's wrong" I said.