Hiring Adam

AUTHOR'S NOTE

September 10, 2018:

Previously an entry to a writing contest under Wattpad Romance with the theme: Forbidden Love Anthology. The writers got to choose among the eleven forbidden love topics, and so I chose topic number 10 which says:

"Someone hires a prostitute/gigolo, but they'd never experience anything like what they just did, and decide to see the prostitute/gigolo again."

Since there was a word count limit and I'm a detailed writer, you may feel like the scenes were kind of rushed and some dialogues were lacking.

Anyway, you can check out the soundtrack of this one-shot story above.

Enjoy~❣️

_______________________________

Samantha Reed's POV

My eyes are fixed on the entrance of the bar while I nervously preen my blonde hair out that was brushed up into a ponytail. The paleness on my face pretty much tells how uneasy I am right now, as I am waiting for someone I haven't even met yet. I continue to sip on my chardonnay wine at the counter while I let the smoky ambiance of the dimly lit bar engulf me.

I have to compose myself. I am not sure if this is a great idea. I didn't know why I agreed to Violet's suggestion of hiring a male escort to pose as my fake boyfriend for two days when she's the same friend who dared me to bark like a stupid dog in front of my crush to get his attention when we were in grade school.

This is all my best friend's fault, Ethan Kingsley. I am desperately in love with him since the first time we played together in my room, and I meant that literally, when we were like, four or five years old. He would always bring his Ken doll with him and he would let it play with my plastic Barbie bitches. You know that romantic cliches about childhood friends turned into lovers? Thanks for Ethan for shattering that dream, as he has been trapping me in that horrible cage called the "friendzone".

Ethan's sister Agatha will be having her wedding and rehearsal dinner tomorrow evening for her wedding weekend at the backyard of their beautiful countryside home, and I have been expecting him to invite me as his date, since he's been single, apparently, for almost a year now after that bitch Janice from college broke his heart.

I'm really hoping that he'll finally realize that I have always been here and that he'll see me in the romantic light this time...

But he clearly said that I'm like a damn sister to him. Like, what the hell? Am I not attractive?

I have been writing romance novels with happily-ever-afters, but why can't it be applied to own love story as well?

Last week, I finally learned from one of our friends that Ethan is now dating Macy James, his first love who is now a well-known model in the city. I was a total mess for the whole week and had a cringe-y breakdown to Violet, prompting her to call a gigolo of some sort from an escort agency, like that would really help me.

I wanted to object but she had already paid a couple of bucks from my credit card for some unknown human being. I guess I had no choice then.

And now I am about to meet him. Violet told me to wear a black outfit, and so will the escort, so I wore my black statement shirt and ripped pants, and paired them with my white sneakers.

"Virgin..."

I almost choke on my wine and aspirate to death right on the counter upon feeling someone's warm breath on my ear. I turn to the masculine voice who just whispered that...inappropriate word, and when our gazes connect, a cough has finally come out of my mouth.