Chapter 5: Can't Back Down

I need a way to get money for those tickets. While on the computer that evening, I see an advertisement for a website that helps people to make money; I click on the link. I am brought to a website that has places to post photos, videos, etc. On this website, you have to post original, formerly unseen content, and the more hits you get, the more money you make: perfect!

I find a picture that I took a while ago of my foster mom burning a loaf of bread and freaking out, which I thought was pretty funny, so I post it. I am immediately sucked into the trap of posting. I post every picture I've ever taken and even some that the other foster girls have taken. Then I go to bed. 

The next day, after school, I go on the computer to check how much money I've made. About $50, which isn't bad, but definitely isn't enough to afford Demi Lovato tickets. This money is given to you through online gift cards, so once you pick which one you want, you have your money immediately. I pick a general online gift card and am given a code to use when paying.

After a few more days, I still don't have enough money to buy Demi tickets, but I have enough for the taxi ride there and a three night stay at the closest hotel; the one Demi's most likely staying in. So, no matter what, I'm going to that. I'll find a way into the concert if I have to!

The week of the concert comes and I was too late to buy tickets. But, I'm going to be staying in that hotel; maybe I'll meet her there. I pack my school backpack full of clothes and other necessitates that morning and when I leave for "school", no one suspects a thing. I pull a cab over and tell the driver to take me to Vegas. He nods and starts driving. I sit in the back of the cab excited but also nervous for the trip. I wonder what the foster home will do when I don't come home tonight. Who cares? This is finally an escape!

We arrive in Vegas at the hotel a little while later and I pay the taxi driver before stepping outside. I walk downtown to the hotel I will be staying at. It's definitely not a cheap hotel, but it's the one Demi's staying at, and I want to meet her more than anything, so I'm willing to pay. I walk up to the front desk and ask about my room; I payed online in advance.

The lady nods, gives me a key, and says, "You will be in room 512 on the fifth floor. Enjoy your stay!" 

I don't think she would be saying that if she knew that my parents weren't actually going to show up. I guess I'm a better liar than I thought.

I walk to the elevators and step inside. Once I've made it to my room, I sit on the bed and watch TV. This is a luxury that I don't get at the foster home. Turns out, TV's pretty boring and I end up sitting on the bed wondering what to do. That's when I get an idea. I take a step out of the hotel room and look around. No one is there. I walk down the hall a ways and follow the growing sound of screaming girls.

-------

Hey guys! This is my second most popular story at the moment but I have no idea what I'm doing with it at all, so if you have ideas, please comment.