Only for you; Merlin

1920's Reincarnation AU

It had been too long. Too many years. Too many wars. Merlin wasn't that lanky servant boy anymore. Oh no. He was known by his comrades as Lance Corporal Emrys Ambrosious of London, England. The first world war had ended three years ago, Merlin, a wealthy veteran living in his large house by his almost forgotten lake. The only sort of company were his many animals around the backyard farm and his elderly housekeeper, Marlene Jean.
1921 was a fun time to swing and dance all kinds of ways. Music was changing, clothes rearranging. All of what had been was now gone, turned into dramatic actors and radical singers paving the roads to the future.

How many more years? How many more decades will merlin have to deal with changes he won't care about until his best friend comes back? There is nothing but sorrow in everyone's lives, masked by the paint on their faces and pearls on their necks. Merlin wanted nothing to do with it. He only wanted to wait now. Wait forever if he had to. But what he did not know was that he only had to wait mere seconds before something had caught his eye. Something that will change his life forever.

Mist covered the lake and all around it. Almost nothing could be seen. The horses were livid in their stables, chickens and geese running frantically from whatever was scaring them.
Merlin stepped into the moist atmosphere, confused and worried. He went strait to the lake, kicking his shoes to the side and wading into the icy summer water. A noise, like whimpering, was not too far a distance from Merlin. He reached out walking deeper until his hand touched metal. It was chain. Cold, wet chain.

His hand immediately gripped the metal pulling towards him and onto shore. The mist had begun to clear when he saw the armor and the yellow hair he so missed.

"Arthur!" He gripped the man into a tight hug pushing water from his lungs down Merlin's back.

"Merl-merlin..?" Merlin leaned back from Arthur, a wide grin spreading on his cheeks.

"Yes, it's me. Merlin." Arthur let a small chuckle fall from his mouth, a wincing groan coming out next. Merlin jumped up, pulling Arthur into the house and onto the table. He tugged Arthur armor and shirt off, tossing them in the burn pile by the door. His pants came next, though Arthur agreed against it, Merlin pushed him down so he couldn't get back up and undressed Arthur fully so he could find him something of that time period.

Arthur lay on the table, his head lolling around as he watched Merlin shuffle through his wardrobe. He was cold, shaking and chattering his teeth.

Merlin had chosen something more comfortable and loose for Arthur to wear, though it would be more fitting on Arthur than it on Merlin. He pulled the tank top undershirt over Arthur's head and shoulders moving Arthur's arms around so he could fit into it. The faded blue button up went over it, tight around the shoulders, loose on the lower half and tucked into the pants along with the undershirt. He decided to forget the suspenders and call it a day because it's highly unlikely the two would be leaving the house anytime soon.

Arthur sat on the sofa all day just staring at Merlin, occasionally asking him a minor question. Merlin always answers truthfully, non hesitant. All until Arthur asked "Do you still have magic?"

Without looking from Arthur's eyes he smiles.

"Only for you, I do."