ø6

CHAPTER SIX
"IT'S ONLY FAIR."

       "Yo, Maddog

"Yo, Maddog. I gotta surprise for you chica." I looked up to see magnet holding a bag. I took it from him and opened it to reveal cigarettes and a lighter inside. I grinned at him and pulled one out. I grabbed his arm and pulled him to behind the tent.

"So now no one can see us." I grinned and jumped up and down. I was really excited, I haven't smoked in months.

"You're really happy about this." Magnet laughed at me. I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm, still grinning. I grabbed a cigar and lit it, setting it between my lips.

"Ahh, this is the life." I puffed out the smoke. He grinned and played with the lighter. We heard footsteps coming around. I quickly put out my half done cigarette and hid the rest. Magnet hid the lighter and stood up from sitting on the ground.

"Why so jumpy, Maddog?" Squid threw his arm over my shoulder. I let out a sigh of relief and punched him in the side.

"Jeez man, don't scare me like that." He let go of me laughing.

"I wasted a perfectly good cigarette on you dimwits." I said picking it up and throwing it at Squid, Barfbag, and zigzag.

"You have cancer sticks? How?" Barfbag comes up and looks in the bag.

"Damn you smuggled a lot." Squid joked.

"Well thanks to my Best Hispanic Buddy." I said jumping on magnets back. He stumbled forward laughing.

"Thanks Best French Buddy." He responded.

"Wait, hold up. You're French?" Zigzag asked me.

"Yeah. Je suis née en France." His eyebrows scrunched together and his head cocked to the left.

"I was born in France." I repeated but in English. They all gasped in astonishment.

"What?" I asked laughing. They shook their heads and grabbed my bag of cigarettes. Then they ran off. My eyes widened and I sprint after them.

"You're a slow runner, Squid!" I yell jumping on is back, tackling him to the ground. I fell off him and on to the dirt.

    "Damn you run fast girl." He said getting up on his knees. I laid on the ground and laughed.

    "You get fast while running from cops." I turned on my stomach and pushed off the ground. I got up on my feet and wiped off the dirt.

    "This place is disgusting." I said shaking my hair, causing dirt to fall off. The boys all laughed at me.

     "What do you expect? We live in the middle of nowhere." Magnet laughed. I shook my head and smiled at my dumb friends.