Chapter 1- When school started..

• Dedicated to Chris.

        When school started, I honestly wasn't expecting anyone new to come into my life. I mean, I'm only Jade. No one important. I'm a stupid freshman, nothing else matters to the upperclassmen. I was starting practically a whole new life, whole new time, at a whole new school. Words couldn't explain how afraid I was.

        "Dad, can I please, please, be homeschooled?" I begged. I knew what he was going to say. I still couldn't help but ask.

        "Jade, you know the answer. No." He said. I knew that was the final answer, and I wasn't planning on asking again. I don't know why I even bothered. I'm happy with the way things are anyway...

----------------------

        It's the first day of school and I'm terrified. I don't know what to expect. Tre and Emily say everything will be fine. I should listen to them because they're my siblings. I guess I'll give it try. What could go wrong? As I'm walking down the hall, I see this guy walking in my direction. My mind races, milions of thoughts coming into my mind. Wow. Who is he? He seems so... happy. His eyes are absolutely amazing. How old is he? Is he a freshman? I really want to know him...

        When I come back into reality, he's literally right next to me. He flashes me a stunning smile. I instantly feel myself blush...

*One Week Later*

        I'm leaving early for an appointment today. I'm out front waiting for my mom, when he comes walking outside. My eyes freeze in his direction. He's dressed so nice. He has dark brown hair, bright blue eyes, and the best smile. He's walking past me, when suddenly, he's speaking to me.

        "What are you doing out her?" He asked, firmly. Oh my God is he talking to me?!

        "Um. I-I'm leaving early," I studdered. He walked away. What was the point of that? Why was he dressed so nice anyway? Is he a teacher or something? I turned to Tre.

        "Who IS he?" I asked, clearly confused.

        "Chris Powell. He's a senior," He answered. I was so happy!

        "ARE YOU FRIENDS WITH HIM?!" I was practically screaming. I was ecstatic.

        "I mean we're cool. We don't talk," He said blankly. Oh my God this is amazing. I gotta talk to him! After Tre told me this, I asked him so many more questions.

----------------------

        It's been a few weeks since I found out who Chris is. I still see him every morning, and now, he's behind me on the steps! Today, I was walking down the steps with my best friend Tamara. Tamara is short and Hatian. Anyway, she looked over at me and she spoke.

        "Dude, why the hell are you blushing?" She asked, clearly confused.

        "Shut up! Look behind us," I whispered to her, trying to get to to be quieter. Which obviously didn't work.

        "At what? This guy behind you? He's so rachet Jade," She insulted, loudly. Did she have to be so loud? We walked into the cafeteria.

        "Yes, Tamara. It was that guy. His name is Chris Powell," I said. I loved the way his name sounded.

*Later on that night*

        I was on Facebook scrolling through my news feed, when I saw a post from him. "Truth is?!" It said. I clicked 'Like' and waited. A few minutes later, there was a notification, saying he had posted on my wall. I clicked on it. 

*On the computer screen* 

        "Truth is; idk you forreal!!" I just smiled. At least I'd been acknowledged. I decided to comment back.

        "Change??" I said, hoping he'd say yes, and we'd finally be friends.

        "Maybe!!" He commented back. This was all happening so fast.

        "Message me, stranger!" I said, playing it cool.

        "You message me!! Haha" He commented. With that, I messaged him.

       I messaged him, and it wasn't just your ordinary conversation. Like, just saying hey to each other, and we talked. But, there was something there the second we started talking. We talked about everything. What his plans were after high school, his last girlfriend, my school talent show, why we both hated Valentine's day, stupid little things that meant so much. 

        We talked on Facebook for about a month, and realizing how much we had in common, I finally just asked him for his number. He said of course, and then, we started texting a whole lot more. We had so much in common, more than either of us would have thought, and we both obviously liked it.

        I loved his view on things. He always said he thought that every girl should be treated like the princess they are. He meant it when he said it. He had such a caring way about himself. 

        The funny thing is, we'd still never talked in person after a long time of talking. Which really scared me. I couldn't think he might be Catfishing me because I'd seen him in person, and I'd texted him, I just never talked to him, walked with him, touched him. I'd never even heard his voice. 

        So, one day, we finally planned talking face-to-face one day, and I was excited. I was nervous. I was feeling so many emotions I'd never even felt before. I was so sure yet unsure that everything would be so extremely perfect. The day we were supposed to walk around before school started, we never did. I was disappointed, yet relieved. We talked it over, and we planned it for the next day. Tomorrow. FOR SURE. He said. 

         I fell in love with this kid, hard. I wasn't even expecting it. Hell, I couldn't tell you how, or when. Everything just happened so fast.. and now, we were becoming something bigger than just friends, there was something a little stronger than just your ordinary everyday love. What I didn't know at the time, is how bad it was going to hurt...

        ***NOTE TO THE READER***

This IS a real story, haha. This actually happened to me, and you might think it's a completely stupid story, and maybe not even a good story. But it's OUR story. It means so much to me. & Hopefully, it might mean something to you, if it's ever happened to you, or if you're just an emotional person (like me) and this story gets to you. Haha. I really hope you like what else I write.. I'm putting all my emotion into this, and get pretty worked up while writing.

xoxo- Jayy