Chapter 3.

Jake's P.O.V.

"How is she?"

"The doctors say she's in a coma. They don't know when she'll wake up." Madelyn tells me, I can tell she's holding back the tears.

It's the day after the party and I haven't been to see her. I'm scared that she'll wake up when I'm there and then not want to see me. It doesn't seem like she's interested in me, especially before that party in the streets.

"Jake. I'm scared" Madelyn cries down the phone. Tears build up in my eyes. Me too. But I can't tell her that.

"I'm on my way." I say and I put the phone down, grab my car keys and race down to the hospital not even caring if I'm over the speed limit. I haven't even got inside the hospital before I start crying. I go up to the front desk and ask for a Luna Waters. The nurse leads me through what seems like millions of corridors until we reach Luna's room. I don't even want to enter the room but then again I do. I want to show Luna that I'm here for her when she wakes up. I peer through the door and see Madelyn crying on the chair next to Luna holding her hand. I open the door slowly and Madelyn comes running up to me, giving me a hug.

"Please make her wake up! Please!" She begs, screaming through her tears. I rock her back and forth. I feel like because Luna isn't mentally here right now, I'm the only person Madelyn's got right now but I feel so helpless.

"Shhh." I say as tears escape my eyes. Even though I only met Luna and Madelyn a couple of days ago, I feel like I've known them forever, especially Luna. There was this spark we had and now I can't bear to loose her. Madelyn pulls out of the hug and wipes her tears away. I just stand and stare at Luna lying in the bed.

"Her parents are on their way home from holiday. They only went to Wales so they should be back in England by now." Madelyn tells me.

"Do they know you two go clubbing?" I ask her, not taking my eyes of Luna's body.

"No..." She says quietly. I snap my head round to face Madelyn.

"What are you going to say then?" I say.

"I-I don't know." She stutters. We stand there in silence waiting for the dreaded moment, for Luna's parents to walk through the door. But that silence is soon broken because of the loud beeping from Luna's machine that is beeping more than it should be. Suddenly nurses and doctors bustle in through the door and I start to panic.

"No.." I mutter under my breath as I watch them shock her. Tears stream down my face but then she's stable again. The doctors and nurses all sigh a breath of relief and so do Madelyn and I.

"Oh my god, Luna you had us all scared for a moment there." Madelyn says rushing over to her side and taking her hand in hers. I follow her.

"Keeping us on our toes as usual." Madelyn giggles, trying to lift the spirits in the air. But I don't smile. I also take Luna's hand in mine and let the tears fall down my cheeks.

Suddenly the doors bash open and a tall dark-haired man and a small blonde haired women come rushing into the room.

"Oh, my baby!" The women cries pushing Madelyn out of the way.

"Can someone explain what happened?" The tall man demands. I must admit, this man is very scary. Madelyn looks over at me and I feel nothing but useless, what do we say?

"Madelyn?" He says.

"I-I-I don't know I really don't." She stutters. The man, who I presume is Luna's dad, walks up to her and says,

"I suggest you tell me or else." So then she blurts it out and Luna's father looks very dissapointed and angry.

"What?!" He shrieks.

"Neil, calm down, it's what girls their age do!" Luna's mum tell him.

"But they shouldn't!" He replies back hasty. Then he looks at me.

"Did you do this to her? Did you drug her drink?"

"What? No, of course not!" I say.

"Then I don't believe Luna would do this to herself!" He says. Madelyn shakes her head.

"You don't know a lot of things she does."She says. Wait, what does that mean? I don't think he heard her though as he doesn't say anything. He just stares at his daughter. I get up and let him take a seat and I take Madelyn out of the room.

"Let's leave them alone, go home, get some sleep. I'll drive you."

5:00am

"Hello?" I say half asleep.

"It's Luna!" Madelyn exclaims. I sit up in bed, now wide awake.

"What happened?!" I say, instantly worried.

"Nothing. She just moved her hand!" I cut the call and quickly get changed and then drive to the hospital. I rush into Luna's room and sit by her side.

"Her parents have gone to get a drink, I'll tell them when they're back." Madelyn explains.

We all sit by Luna's side for minutes until the moment that we've all been waiting for arrives. He squeezes Madelyn's hand and lets go of it. Luna's father goes and gets a nurse and as the nurse comes back Luna's eyes flicker open.

"Oh darling! You're awake!" Her mother shouts with tears of joy. My eyes fill up with tears again and I can't help but let them fall. She looks around the room, not saying a word, and as soon as she see's me she smiles.

"H-hello again." She mumbles to me. I just smile because I cant find the words to reply. She then faces Madelyn and smiles.

"Mads!" She says trying to sit up but the nurse slowly pushes her back down. Madelyn just breaks down in tears.

"I've missed you." Madelyn says.

"I've missed you too." Luna says.

Luna's P.O.V.

I'm no longer in hospital but I am bed ridden. My mum will not let me leave the house at all. It sucks really. I had alcohol poisoning which means my parents found out I was drinking. The doctors said I was lucky my liver and kidneys are in good condition from the amounts of alcohol I've been drinking these past few weeks.

I get up from my bed and put my dressing gown on with my socks on as I'm absolutely freezing. As I enter the living room my dad looks at me angrily. He's so mad at me.

"Why are you out of bed?" He asks me. I sit down on the sofa and turn the tv on.

"I wanted a change of scenery, is that okay?" I tell him. He frowns at me.

"Don't speak to me like that, young lady." He shouts. I roll my eyes.

"Dad, I'm not fucking 7, I'm 17! I'm basically an adult so I can do what I want!" I argue with him.

"Excuse me! Under this roof you follow mine and your mums rules, no bad language and no answering back! If you don't follow those rules feel more than welcome to leave!" He screams at me.

"Fine! GOOD RIDANCE!" I scream back at him and I grab my coat and shoes and run out of the house.