Chapter 4.

Luna's P.O.V.

I run as fast as I can, through all my stomach pains, through all my tears, and through all the rain. I find myself at a small park and I rest on the bench beside the gates and just sit and cry.

"Are you alright?" A familiar boy walks up to me. I swear I've seen him somewhere else.

"Wait, do I know you?" I ask him, wiping the tears away. I stares at me for long moment and then he finally realises.

"Oh, you're the girl I teased when you spilt tea all over Jake!" He laughs. I just stare.

"It's Luna." I tell him. He stops laughing and then sits down beside me. 

"I'm Luke." He tells me. I roll my eyes. Now he's trying to be all friendly. My phone starts to rings inside my dressing gown.

"Do  you wanna take that?" He says. I take it out my pocket. It's my dad. I decline the call, there's no way in hell I'm answering that. All I'll get is another bollocking,

"Nah, just an unknown number." I tell him. He nods and we're both just sat in the rain for a few minutes in silence.

"So how come you're here?" He asks me, breaking the silence between us. I sigh.

"Well I kinda, sorta, just got kicked out my own house. After being hospitalised for like three days." I say, rolling eyes.

"Wait, you've been in hospital?" He says, shocked. I nod.

"Didn't Jake tell you? Apparently he was beside me most of the time." I tell him.

"What happened?"

"Drank too much, got alcohol poisoning and then went into a coma." I tell him like it was no big deal. He just nods and again we're in silence for a few minutes but after a while I stand up and begin to leave but Luke stops me.

"Luna," He says and I turn around, "Jake really likes you. Give him a chance." I shake my head.

"I can't. Tell him I'm sorry, it's just not me." And I walk away slowly.

9:00pm

It's pitch black outside and I have got no where to stay for the night apart from two places, Madelyn's or my grandparents, but if I go to my grandparents they'll send me straight home again so I guess it's Madelyn's. Her parents love me, I'm sure they'll let me stay a few nights.

I arrive at her house and knock on her door. It takes a few minutes for someone to answer but eventually someone does. 

"Hey, I was wondering...Could I stay the night?" I ask. She doesn't answer.

"Please?" I try. She shakes her head and I step back.

"Sorry what?" I say, startled by her response. She shakes her head again and looks down on the floor.

"Why are you being like this?!" I scream at her, really angry but more upset.

"I can't be friends with you anymore Luna. Not after what happened." She tells me.

"I-I-I don't understand. What do you mean?" I stutter, trying not to show that I'm on the edge of tears.

"Everyone knows what happened Luna, and now they all know me as the friend of the alcoholic prostitute and I don't want to be labelled as that."

"But you know I'm not an alcoholic prostitute so-"

"But maybe you are..." She cuts me off. I stare at her deep blue eyes and anger begins to boil up inside me. Did she just call me, her best friend, an alcoholic prostitute?