PROLOGUE

Alone...

         That is what I am, that is what I will always be.

        No one wants me. Im sick and tired of people always telling me I will find someone who will want me. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. You know, I was not always like this, I did try when I was little but I guess I was not the right one that they wanted. Cindy, my caretaker, always tries to encourage me but if im being honest, I gave up five years ago, when I was eight I was told straight to my face that I ment nothing and I never will be to anyone.

My mom got pregnant with me with some random dude that she doesn't know and then decided to give birth to me but put me up for adoption, that was 13 years ago. I don't know why she did the things she did but I was told everything happens for a reason. Cindy tells me that not everyone can take care of a child. But I say not everyone wants a rugged, stupid kid like me. That's some thin I was told by a a person from when I was ten and I believe it. I always will.

I am supposed to be having another interview with people who want a kid, well a teen, so here I am getting ready for it. Its not like I am going to try to impress them, so I just put on my regular outfit, just some jeans and a t-shirt, I mean I don't need to try anymore I stopped doing that a while ago.

I ran up the steps when I heard my name being called. I live in the basement as a choice, I like the privacy. Cindy was the one calling me, I opened the door and went to the kitchen where she usally was.

" hello dear, your new parents will be here soon." she exclaimed.

" Cindy, we have been over this, they are not my parents until they actually adopt me and we don't know that sure they will even like me." I said slowly so she gets through her numb skull.

"Nonsense child, I showed them some of your pictures and they said they cant wait to see you in person."cindy said.

I stare at her with a blank face and rolled my eyes. I heard the doorbell ringing I ran in the kitchen and snuck some coffee knowing I'm going to need it so I don't fall asleep. I'm not allowed to have coffee anymore that's what Cindy said at least but I don't care what she says. I go out to the Livingroom to greet them with my cup in hand but I hear them talking and decide to listen for a moment.

"Yes, he is very good, he is always helping around and asking if I need help with anything." I heard Cindy gush. I rolled my eyes and smiled a little bit. Even though I don't show it I still appreciate her with al my hart she has always been there for me always telling how 'good' of a kid I am.

"is that right, he looks like a nice boy. how old did you say he was again?" a man said he sounded ruff voice but it was also soft.

I decided that I should go out there now and speak for myself. "I'm 13." when I go out I see two men holding hands. One of the guys had shaggy brown hair and green eyes he had a very sharp jawline and looked masculine. The other guy was definitely the one on the bottom. He is very... what do they call it... petite... yes that's it almost like a women. his hair was done in a very neat way and you could tell he was much more uptight than the other one.

the tiny one sat up more straight than he already was. "Well hello there, you must be Mathew."

I went and sat on the other side of the room on the floor, I don't like sitting on the couch it feels weird.. "Yeah... that's me..." I took a sip of my coffee and savored the bitterness. I like my coffee black. I was looking at my cup smirking , I know for a fact that Cindy knows I have coffee, I aslowely look up in her direction to see her giving me a stink eye. I put the coffee down on the table and sit back still smirking.

The couple seemed to notice this little exange and the muscular guy cleared his throat and looked irritated at my disobedience. "Whatcha drinking buddy." his face still had the same expression was still on his face and I still had the same look, 'the smirk'

"Coffee" there was silence after I said that Cindy was giving me a look saying that I was in trouble later.

"Are you allowed to drink that." the petite one said

"nope" I said trying to see how far this goes. Both of the guys had a look on their face, they're annoyed.

"Then why are you drinking it."

"Because I want to." the smirk is still on my face.. All I want to do is go to my room, so I have to do something that could be really rude even though I don't mean it.

I picked my coffee and I looked at her while drinking it and lifted my eyebrows, she shook her head at me as saying 'don't do it'

"So... are you two fags or what." Cindy's face was broke a little. the two guys looked taken back and the big guy glared at me.

"I'm sorry but I don't think we can adopt him, he is to disrespectful to be in our home. We don't want him. Kid you should really learn some manners." I just shrugged at what the big guy said to me. I'm so stupid why would I say something like that. I always ruin a good chance to get out of here. Maybe I don't deserve such good people. I don't deserve to have Cindy as my foster mom. I'm just done with this whole thing, now I actually give up.

"Cindy you have a wonderful home and I sure you have other children for us to look at." the small dude said. I stood up and went to my basement room door but before I did I heard name.

"What" I snapped and glared at my door knob. I'm done with today

"You need to come apologize right now." Cindy said.

I walked over to them and said. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you juged me from the moment I walked in here. I'm sorry I'm not what you expected. But I am not sorry that I hurt your feelings because you should know by now that life is not what you want it to be. I know that, why don't you?"

I walked out of the room and into mine and took off my shirt quietly listening to the loud silence pouring in into my room while tears pour down my face. Soon enough I finally drifted off to sleep with one last thought on my mind. Tomorrow is the day, I will be out every ones hair,out of the way. Tomorrow is the day I run away...