we still got love to give

"Isn't it scary?"

"Isn't what scary?"Mikey looks up into the soft gaze of Aiden, engulfed  by his eyes, glimmering with curiosity.

"Being human. Bleeding, and feeling. It seems horrible"

Mikey nods. "It is. I wish just once i could be in control of what i undergo"

"Admittedly, I'm very jealous of that. Michael, I am nothing but wires and metal- programmed to exhibit the actions caused by certain emotions. I dream to feel. That one day I may surpass the means of this fabricated consciousness. To become real". Mikey feels Aiden's hands tremble. He is not really upset, simply just the codes in his "brain" ordering him to show these physical reactions.

"At least you don't have an expiration date". He laughs sadly.

"Yea? at least you don't rust when it rains". Aiden shoots back wittily.

He grins from ear to ear. It's times like these where Mikey really wishes Aiden could feel. So he can experience things like banter- and falling in love with your robot best friend. 

yea, he thinks to himself. that would be nice.

"Where do you want to go, Michael?" he pauses. "I can sense your fight or flight instinct readying itself"

"No where- yet, everywhere" he almost stops himself, but lets it slip anyways. "With you"

"Is that so?"

"It's not like me to lie, is it?"

Aiden nods. "Fair point"

Mikey thinks about the lake, throwing flattened stones into the still water. Laying back onto the soft grass. Serenity fills the cool air.

Then, hes brought back to the corporate slave wasteland, also known as New York City.

He wonders if his father knew he would fall for his creation. He thinks that if he did, he never would have made Aiden.

"Why are you anxious? your blood pressure levels are spiking. What worries you, love?"

Mikey feels a hard pang in his chest, taking away all of his breath for just a second. "A-Aiden.. no"

"No to what? the name? I'm sorry. System says that would make you feel better"

He scoffs. "What else does the system say?"

"That I should kiss you"

Mikey feels like he's been punched in the gut. "N-No it doesn't" he stutters in disbelief.

"You're right, I just wanted to. May I?" 

He doesnt even let out an answer before Aiden's lips are placed onto his. They both move slowly, in sync with one another. Mikey smiles before he forces himself to pull away. This wasnt real, like he wanted. Aiden would never be real. No matter how hard he tried.

"Maybe we can break the system, Mikey. Together. Just like we always hoped"

maybe, he thinks.