Extra: Will You Be Mine?

Will You Be Mine?: Alone on the roof of Ashford Academy during a Valentine's Day event with heart-shaped hats, Lelouch surprises Suzaku.

----------------------------------------------------------

Extra: Will You Be Mine? 

Ashford Academy.

February 14, 2017

Lelouch tiptoes up the library stairs.

'No, I said the west entrance! West!' he hisses into his phone; securely pressing the blue, heart-hat against his head while scanning and sifting his eyes down aisles and through book shelves as he makes his way to the checkout desk behind a graph of tables and chairs.

Sighing to himself as he does.

'Do you see the computer labs? Turn around. Go down the hall, past a four-way intersection and turn left.' Lelouch slinks up behind the checkout desk. Eyeing the upstairs level of the library and keeping his voice low. 'Then make a right. Another left. Left again. Then go straight. You should see a sign—yes, that one. The library is just past the restrooms. Double doors. If you see the chemistry labs, you've gone too far—'

SLAM!

And is startled by a distant but loud crash that cracks through the empty library, its origin indecipherable.

'...And hurry your ass up!' Lelouch snaps into the phone—

When there's a tap on his shoulder—

Lelouch shrieks.

The kind of shriek that could shatter glass as he springs up and whirls around—

Falling on his backside.

Suzaku simpers, holding his phone away from his heart-capped head. 'Fast enough for you?'

Lelouch clutches at his chest a second, allowing his eyes to shrink back into his skull before scowling.

'You idiot, where the hell—!?' Lelouch seethes before stopping himself. 'Were you followed?'

'I don't think so.' Suzaku says, pocketing his phone and kneeling down in front of his friend. 'I ran as fast as I could... Are you all right?'

'Fantast—'

The thudding of feet on stairs stomps Lelouch's sarcasm, spurring him to grab and shove Suzaku into the shielded leg cubby—

Smacking the brunet's head on the edge of the wooden desk—

"OW—!"

Making Lelouch slap a hand over his mouth once they've tumbled to fit in together just as a herd of pink hearts flood the library from the downstairs entrance—

'I heard the other door open over there!' One girl shouts, leading the chase to the other side of the library. The west entrance. Never suspecting that their quarry is right under their noses. The trampling of feet nears and then fades until the library is as silent as the dead once again.

Lelouch and Suzaku strain in the extremely compact space they gracelessly shoved themselves into for the sake of hiding. Suzaku is crumpled on his back with his neck awkwardly crunched up against the wall and Lelouch resting between his bent legs. The two of them pressed together like peanut butter and jelly.

Hips touching.

Their faces so close the tips of Lelouch's hair force Suzaku's eyes to flutter.

Lelouch doesn't notice until he looks down and sees the heat spreading like a rash over Suzaku's face—