Assemble

"Copper. Wake up."

Copper's eyes slowly slid open. Was that Cloudy's voice? Sure enough, Cloudy was standing right in front of her.

Copper leaped up. "Cloudy, there you are! Where have you been? Everyone was worried about you!"

"All will be explained in good time," Cloudy said with a laugh. "It's been a crazy few days, and I can't wait to tell you about it."

"Why not now?" Copper asked, then noticed her surroundings for the first time.

Copper and Cloudy were standing in a structure's cave. Copper could see Skip, Toby, and Cloudy's parents sleeping around her. Strange that they didn't wake up. Outside the cave, it was dark and foggy.

"You're dreaming," Cloudy explained.

"Oh... where are you?"

"Uh-uh, no spoilers," Cloudy said. "Don't worry. I couldn't be better. I'll be back two days after tomorrow. In the meantime, I want you to gather the whole herd to the center of Rocky Cliffs. I've learned some amazing things that everyone needs to hear."

"Wha- I don't understand."

"Just get everyone together," Cloudy said. Her form started to blur and fade.

"Cloudy?"

"I'll be back soon." Cloudy disappeared completely.

"Cloudy?!"

Skip stirred and lifted his head. "Hm, Copper, what's wrong?"

"N-nothing, just a dream."

The next morning, Jupiter was waiting for Cloudy outside the cave where she had been sleeping.

"How did you sleep?"

Cloudy stretched as she answered, "Pretty good. I guess being separated from the herd takes away some of the intensity of my dreams. I'll be glad when I am rid of these dreams for good."

"Luna's back already, but she is sleeping right now. You can make your wish when she wakes up."

"What should we do until then?"

"Whatever you want. I can fly us wherever you like, or if you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them."

"I have been wondering about something..." Cloudy walked to the tunnel that led Above. "What are these vines?"

Jupiter's face darkened. "Those are not vines, but bridles. Humans used bridles to control us."

Cloudy stepped back. "How did they get here?"

"Bear, Luna, and I were still wearing ours when we escaped our humans. When we came here, and we knew that we were finally safe from the humans, we took them off. It wasn't easy, I tell you. Bear and I wanted to go back to Above and leave them there, but Luna suggested hanging them beside the tunnel," Jupiter said.

"Reminding us of why we left," Luna finished, walking up behind them. "Bear wished that they would remain there forever, whole, so future generations would know."

"Wow, I never knew," Cloudy said.

"Why should you? Above was wiped from the memories of all horses but ours," Luna said.

"Not for long," Cloudy said firmly. "The herd will know about where we came from when I get back."

Jupiter smiled. "I will enjoy telling our story once again."