the shrink

Chapter Two.  

'It was the first time I saw a shrink or therapist for that matter' Jimmy thought as he was looking out the car window. Sarah looked at her son and gave him a reassuring look, but it didn't help Jimmy at all. He had to have faith because you can't give something up until you try it first. Jimmy had a bad feeling about this though.

He just couldn't put his finger on it, but every time he thought the word 'therapist' he got shivers. Not the good ones either, but he had to try it. Maybe he was wrong but he was about to find out for they had arrived at the therapist's office.

Sarah told her son that it was going to be okay, but Jimmy had other thoughts on his mind. Like how was this going to make the dreams stop? Or the visions?The other thought Jimmy had was how is this therapist going to help him with this problem. "Oh I hate uncertainty," he said to himself.

He walked down the hallway towards a lady with jet black hair and way to much make up. She said her name was Lily and Jimmy asked, "What we were here for?"

Sarah said, "Yes we are here to see Dr.Turner."

Lily said, "Of course you must be. Would Jimmy's mom please have a seat. There is coffee in the other hallway across from the bathrooms."

Sarah looked at her son and said, "I'll be right back. I'm getting coffee if the therapist shows up just go in I'll be in there in a sec."

Jimmy nodded his head yes and picked up a sports illustrated magazine and started reading about the Detroit lions. Five minutes later Dr.Turner steps out from his office and said, "You can come in now Sara and Jimmy."

Jimmy got up and walked toward the office where it was cozy and had a warm home feeling, but still Jimmy was uncertain. Jimmy sat down across from Dr.Turner and was rigid and stiff even though the therapist said there was nothing to be afraid of.

Sarah looked at her son then at Dr.Turner and said, "My son has never had a therapist before so he's having a case of the nerves. The reason why we are here today is my son has been having nightmares of his past and just today he fell asleep in class and had a vision of his step-dad being let out of jail when he was never notified of the issue."

Dr.Turner asked, "How long ago was he put in jail?"

Sarah said, "He was put in jail for assaulting Jimmy 10-years-ago but he got released on good behavior and now he is full of revenge."

Dr.Turner looked at Jimmy and said, "Now Jimmy I know this may be painful to talk about but I need to know what he did to you so I can help you. You need to describe the nightmares for me. Can you do that?"

Jimmy said, "I don't know. I need to be able to trust you first before I tell you anything. I need to know your not going to tell everybody and there lies my issues okay? Then I will talk."

Sarah looked at her son in shock and said, "That was rude. Now apoligize to this man. He wants to help you."

Dr.Turner said, "It's quite alright. He has every right to feel that way. I would be scared too if he didn't. I get that alot."

Sarah said, "Okay. I over reacted I guess. I'm just stressed about this situation we have."

Dr.Turner looked at Jimmy and told him, "Whatever you say in this room stays in this room."

Jimmy turns towards his mom and says, "I don't want to bring my nightmare up now. I really don't trust this guy."

Dr.Turner says, "Okay Jimmy. We are almost out of time but you can ask me one question and I will answer it."

Jimmy turns towards the therapist and asks, "What are your plans for me?"

Dr.Turner says, "Well next time you come, you can either ask more questions or describe your nightmare. It's up to you. So choose wisely Jimmy."

Readers choice. Does Jimmy ask more questions or does he describe his nightmare?

Dead line in three days time.