Chapter 18

Duncan's P.O.V.

Today is Friday and we have school today. I woke up and got dressed. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen.
"Good morning D." Carter said looking up from his newspaper.
"Good morning Carter." I replied pouring myself a bowl of cereal.
I sat down at the table and Mom came into the kitchen.
"Good morning honey." She said.
"Good morning." Carter and I replied.
"She was talking to me." Carter laughed.
"No way. I'm her favourite." I laughed.

"Liar." Carter smiled.
"I'm sorry, Carter. I was talking to D." Mom laughed coming over to me and wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

"Ha." I said to Carter and Mom kissed my cheek.
"That's okay. I'm her husband. That's even better than being her honey." Carter replied.
"You might be her husband, but I'm her world." I laughed.
"Touché." Carter laughed.
Mom let go of me and went over to Carter. She hugged him and he hugged her back. They kissed and I gagged.
"I'm trying to eat my breakfast." I groaned.
Mom laughed and they pulled away. She went over to the garage door and put on her shoes.

"Well I'm off to work. Bye husband. Bye World." Mom laughed walking into the garage.
We laughed and she shut the door. I finished eating and brushed my teeth in the bathroom. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. Grant was in there and started laughing. He took a picture of me and Cooper walked into the living room.

"What's so funny?" Cooper asked.
"I don't know." I answered looking at him.
"Duncan, you have lipstick on your face." Cooper said patting my shoulder and walking into the kitchen.
"Ugh. How did I not see that in the mirror?" I asked myself and went back into the bathroom. I washed the lipstick mark off my face and went back into the living room. I had my backpack near the door so I wouldn't forget it and went into the kitchen to make my lunch.
"Has anyone seen my lunch bag?" I asked.
"Yeah. It's being washed. But dad and I are taking you out for lunch." Cooper told me.
"Don't you have class?" I asked.
"No. I have a spare." He answered.
"Dad's signing you out." He added.

I nodded and said "I need a note then."
"Already wrote it. It's in your agenda." Carter told me.
"Okay. Thanks." I said.
"No problem." He replied.
I walked out of the kitchen and sat on the couch.

"Duke!" Grant called from upstairs.
"Yeah?" I called back.
"Come here!" He said.
I walked up the stairs and into his room. He threw a hoodie at me and said "It doesn't fit me anymore. You can have it."

"Are you sure?" I asked

"Yes, I'm sure. It won't fit Nolan either." He answered.
"Awesome. Thanks Grant." I said putting it on.
"Come on boys. We're gonna be late." Carter called up the stairs.
We walked downstairs and got our stuff.
"I'll drive you to school if you want, D." Carter told me.
"Okay." I replied.

"Bye D. See you after school." Nolan said ruffling my hair and walking out the door.
"Later Duke. See you after school." Grant said and walked out the door.
"See you at lunch, D." Cooper said hugging me.
I hugged him back and we pulled away.
He walked out the door and Carter asked me "Do you want to go get donuts before school?"
"Sure." I answered.