Clumsy | sayori.chr

{sayori x gn!reader fluff}

It was a normal day in Literature Club. Monika was jotting down some priorities for everyone to do to advertise the club in the festival. Natsuki and Yuri were discussing about what literature really meant in a corner, and then there was you.

You usually spent your time hanging out with Sayori, but since she wasn't anywhere to be found you just kept re-reading the poem you wrote for today. Hopefully the girls would notice improvement from you soon.

Suddenly, everyone was interrupted by a loud thump coming from the closet. You looked up from your paper and decided to see what had happened.

The moment you entered the closet, you saw Sayori on the floor with all the volumes of Parfait Girls around her. You sighed and kneeled down next to the girl.

"Sayori, are you okay?" You asked her, collecting the manga from the floor and putting them back on the shelves. "What happened this time?"

She pouted and looked up at you. "I'm sorry, it's not my fault Natsuki's manga is so disorganized. I was looking for props and I didn't see these volumes sticking out so I hit my head..."

You rolled your eyes and helped Sayori up. "Sayori... You have to be more careful. One day you could hurt yourself really badly and you wouldn't have me to help you." You paused for a brief moment. "Should I get some ice?"

Her sky blue eyes widened and she shook her head immediately. "Don't worry, I'm fine! Manga is thin so it didn't really hurt that much." She chuckled.

You two headed out of the closet. "Are you sure you're okay? I don't want to see you all bruised later on..." You said, showing real worry for your childhood friend. Sayori had always been a clumsy girl, since you two were little she would always hurt herself due to lack of attention. You didn't really want that to keep happening, one day she could get horribly bruised, you never know.

Sayori gave you a genuine smile, she appreciated the fact that you cared about her. "Thank you (y/n), but I'm fine, I swear! Don't worry too much about me." You two walked back to where everyone was and sat in the places you usually did.

Monika turned to Sayori, holding that list from before. "Did you manage to find anything, Sayori?" She asked, causing the pinkette to scratch the back of her head and laugh awkwardly.

"Hehe, about that..." She simply muttered, drifting her gaze to the floor in slight shame.

You shook your head at the scene, smirking to yourself. "There wasn't really nothing useful here but if you want Monika, I can go check with Sayori in the other rooms."

Monika's green eyes brightened and she nodded, leaving you and the girl to your business. She turned around to give Natsuki and Yuri some orders while you headed to the corridors with Sayori.

You two walked along to the next room. "Alright, we will need coloured paper, right?" She nodded. "What else? Maybe some thick colourful pens too." You and Sayori started to scour the place, after every interesting object you find.

You had found some nice colouring pencils on a tray over one of the desks. Probably just some more paper would be enough now before you could go back to Monika and the girls.

You were just reaching out for some neon papers when you heard a crash from behind you. You cringed at the screeching noise.

When you turned around, you got paralyzed in shock. Sayori was bending over a table with a scissor in hand and several others spread on the floor. You could assure yourself the girl had accidentally cut her finger due to the sudden fright of herself knocking everything down. She was mumbling hateful ouches and ows to herself.

"S-Sayori! What did I tell you!" You shouted, running in her direction for the rescue. She brought her finger to her lips and tried to suck the blood off. You grabbed her arm and took a look at it yourself.

"Awe, calm down (y/n), I swear it's alright. See, I sucked the blood off already. Hehe~" The girl cheered, bringing you to frown at her. You took a close look at the cut, it would bleed again in minutes.

"Sayori... I told you to be careful... Here, be glad I brought a bandaid." You said, struggling to reach for the bandaid in your pocket. Once you took it out you wrapped it around Sayori's finger. "Be careful, alright."

She pouted, while straightening herself back up. "I'm sorry (y/n)... I was cutting some cardboard and I didn't notice the other scissors..." She looked down at her index fingers and touched them together repeatedly.

You rested your palm on your forehead. "Look, Sayori, I'm being serious alright? I don't want you to get hurt like this again." You heard steps coming from the club room and your face jolts to the door. It was Monika, she was standing there with a worried look on her face.

"Is everything alright? You two were taking a bit too long so I decided to go check for myself." She said, you glanced back at Sayori.

"Yeah, thank you Monika. We were just gathering everything to go back now." You spoke in a way that Sayori felt threatened, but Monika just nodded and left. "Get your cardboard and let's go." You ordered, while reaching for the pencils and papers you had found before.