3rd Meeting

Their third meeting was at the age of 14.

Frisk was coming back from school, exhausted. He glanced up at mt.Ebott, the mountain towering over his town. It was a short and easy to climb mountain, but people avoided it due to rumours of disappearances.

Curiosity overtaking him, Frisk dashed home and emptied his bag of books and utensils and instead filled it with water bottles, energy bars and a hefty kitchen knife.

As he set off, Frisk spotted a blue and purple striped jumper. He deliberated, but gave in and slipped it over his uniform.

Walking towards the foot of the mountain, Frisk was suprised to see multiple large 'DO NOT CLIMB' signs obstructing entry. Frustrated, he began to climb over.

"What are you doing?"

Apon hearing the sudden voice, Frisk looked down to see Betty staring up at him, decidedly confused. He flushed, currently sitting astride the sign, one leg on either side. "Uh.... Checking out mt.Ebott?" he said sheepishly. Betty blinked thrice before frowning. "You'll die"

"I'm 14, i can take care of myself!" Frisk protested. Betty raised a brow.  "Well I'm 13 and i look stronger than you, mr spaghetti arms"

Frisk glanced self consciously at his arms before glaring and pointing at her. "H-hey! You look like you could get blown away by a strong wind! So shut up!"

The yelling and rapid movement of his body sent him off centre and he fell off of the sign. Yelping, Betty outstretched her hand and Frisk's scream died out at the sensation of magic covering him and levitating him just before he hit the ground.

Betty slowly lowered him to his feet, and he gave her a look of wonder and fear. "W-what was that?" he asked, stepping away from her. She bit her lip.

"I'm sorry.." she muttered, eyes brimming with tears as she protectively hugged herself. "I'm... I must look freaky..."

Frisk swallowed down his inhibitions and pulled her into a quick hug. "No no, it's ok. I'm just... Confused"

Betty buried her face in his shoulder. "I'm not... Human"

Frisk inhaled sharply. "Then... What are you..?" he asked slowly. Betty shook her head. "I don't know"

Frisk sighed and allowed the hug to linger before pulling back. "Well.. Thanks anyways, Betty. But.." he looked up at the tall mountain. "I do want to go up there" he held his hand out and smiled. "Do you want to come?"

Betty looked at the proffered hand and shook her head. "Why do you want to go so bad?"

Frisk hesitated. "I just... Feel it pulling on me. Telling me that i need to go" he said quietly. Betty let him step back and watched as he began to climb over the sign again.

"W-wait! I'll come!" Betty yelped, chasing after him. Frisk gave her a suprised look that melted into one of joy. "You certain?"

Betty nodded, and Frisk pulled her up over the sign.

The warmth of her hand made his hearth thud painfully in his chest.